Late Night Visit

It was late when Goten slipped from his bedroom and entered the halls of the palace. Sushi was walking silently beside the young saiyan both trying to comfort him and to protect his small master. One of his small hands clutched his dragon while the other rested on the panzaon's side as they walked.

He wanted his Tama and Daddy to come home. He wanted Gohan back too, and Grandpa Bardock. Uncle Tarble was sad a lot and he was always worried now. He needed someone to help his family. Since he couldn't sleep now was as good a time as any to ask.

The demi saiyan entered the room he found a few days ago. It was small compared to his family's rooms and a little dusty but it had a shrine of Tarro in it and a few benches. He knelt in front of the altar and clasped his hands together.

'Lady Tarro, please bring my family home soon.' He prayed. "Please, I don't want to lose my family. Me, Trunks, Uncle Tarble, we all need Daddy and Tama back home. Vegito too. They're not gonna see him grow up if they don't come back. And if they aren't here, some one could hurt him like they hurt me and Daddy. I don't know if I can stop them by myself. Please. I'm scared and just I want my Tama and Daddy back." Tears fell from his bowed face as he spilled his heart to the goddess. "Please Lady Tarro help them. I'll do anything, so please help them."

"Shouldn't you be asleep, young one?" Goten's head jerked up at the soft voice. A short slender woman in loose clothes and silver chain with a crescent moon pendant was standing near the entrance to the temple. Her shoulder length black hair had a silver sheen to it. Sushi was laying near one of the benches watching her contently before resting his head on the floor and returning to sleep. Stubbornly Goten wiped tears from his eyes.

"Who are you?" Goten asked curiously while getting up. "I didn't mean to bother anyone coming here."

"You didn't bother me little one, I care for the shrines. Night is a good time for it." She explained sitting on a bench near the altar. "Now what brings you here this late? You must have a lot on your mind."

"I couldn't sleep." He said moving to sit on the bench with her. "Uncle Tarble told us we could ask Lady Tarro for help if we ever needed it. I just want my Tama and Daddy to come home. That mean lady is hurting him. I keep having bad dreams about Tama hurting and crying." Goten said pulling his knees to his chest as his eyes watered again. "I'm scared and I just want them to come home. I need my Tama and my Daddy."

"Your Tama is a very strong person, young one. He will come home. All of them will come home." She said gently as she ran her fingers through the boy's hair.

"When?"

"Soon enough, little one." She said with a soft smile that reminded him of his tama, and it soothed the cub's troubled heart a little. "The Lady has heard your prayers, I have a strong feeling she will help your family come home." Goten sniffed wiping at his eyes again before he hugged her.

"Thank you for listening to me."

"You are welcome, little one." She answered hugging him back before standing. "Just remember to keep your hope and faith alive in here," The woman touched the spot just below Goten's collarbones with the tips of three of her fingers. "and Lady Tarro will always be close to you. Now...you should head back to bed, you wouldn't want to worry anyone if they find you missing. Young cubs need their sleep to grow big and strong."

"Ok." Goten nodded hopping down as he grabbed the stuffed dragon that had been resting against his hip and rousing his pet. He stopped and looked back at the woman in front of the shrine. "Can I come back and visit again?" The woman smiled softly.

"You are always welcome here, little one. Perhaps we will see each other again."

Goten smiled and waved at the woman as he left. He felt a bit better after talking to her, and he touched the spot on his chest that still felt a little warm. He frowned in thought and that made Sushi brushed his head on the black haired boy's shoulder.