Shiveria's End

"Well, this has been fun, but now it's time for you to die, Vegeta. You should know that nothing is going to stop me from taking my pet back, and you never once had a chance." Her hand came up so that it was even with her face, and the ki glowed brighter as she leveled it with Vegeta's heart. "Goodnight, sweet prince."

A large weight of hopelessness settled over his shoulders at the fact that he couldn't keep this monster from taking his mate again.

'Karo...I'm sorry.' His eyes were stinging from the tears trying to escape. 'Forgive me.'

"Vegeta...don't give up."

A soft voice echoed in his head, and the prince blinked in surprise. As Shiveria's hand came within an inch of his heart, blinding silver light erupted from the wounded saiyan while the moon overhead shone brilliantly. Shiveria screamed releasing her prey as the blinding light consumed Vegeta.

When the prince opened his eyes, he was standing in a field of silvery flowers under a night sky. Overhead the moon shone full and luminous, but he felt no surge of power to make him transform. If anything he felt calm and at peace under its rays.

"Where...where am I?"

"This is my domain, my child." Vegeta turned to see a petite slender woman, her tail free and loose behind her as she stood before him in the old robes of their people. Silver lotuses were woven into her hair and a silver crescent moon pendant sparkled under the moon's light. Vegeta knew with every fiber of his being who this woman was and knelt before her.

"Lady Tarro..."

"Rise, Vegeta, my children need not bow to me." She said tenderly as she pulled him to his feet. Up close the prince was shocked that this slip of a woman barely reached his shoulder.

"I died, didn't I." Vegeta stated, his tail limp as his eyes watered. "I failed my mate and my children."

"Not yet." The sullen prince looked at her in shock. "I will not allow this demon to win. Not with so many prayers offered, not with your son, my speaker, begging me otherwise. I can not intervene directly, so I leave it to you to end this in my place."

"My lady...." Vegeta winced and looked away in shame. "I'm not strong enough. She took my strongest attack head on, and I couldn't kill her." Her slim hand grasped his cheek and it felt like he was with his tama again nearly drawing tears from the alpha.

"You have all the strength you need, my prince, what you need is faith."

"Faith? But I-"

"Not in myself or the gods," Tarro explained. "Faith in yourself. Let go of your fears of failing your mate and family. You are more than strong enough to protect them if you have that. You and Kakarot, you made me believe in my children again. You have both changed so much for the better but you are so afraid of yourselves. If you let go of that fear, Vegeta, nothing will ever be able to stand in your way."

"You mean...fight with my feelings?" Vegeta said confused as he recalled the phrase Kakarot had used with his son. "I already use them, how is that supposed to help me?"

"What I mean is let go of the fear and hate you use as your driving force. Use your desire to protect as your source of strength." Tarro smiled as the baffled look on the saiyan's face. "This is what Kakarot does when he fights, but I can see that you are capable of doing the same. Trust yourself, Vegeta, and you will find the meaning of true strength."

A picture of a pregnant Kakarot sleeping with Trunks and Goten in his arms flashed in his mind. This sweet image was followed with more.

Vegito's soft coos as he reached for his father's tail as they played that first night.