Almost There

Goku shifted on the pillow he was curled up on as he dozed, and the movement caused a couple of links in his chain to clink. Shiveria looked down at him through the corner of her eye, but went back to the report she held once she saw he was still in the same spot. It was the first time he was allowed out of Shiveria's room in what he felt like was ages, and he was honestly glad for a change of scenery.

Thanks to whatever treatment Oaklio had devised, the beta was relatively in good health, and as long as the frost demon gave him more food, he would be fully recovered in a couple of months. Besides the near constant fatigue he felt better than he had since his capture.

He really wanted to sleep, but there was too much noise on the ship's bridge. He sighed trying to block out the sounds around him so he could hopefully drift off. Ever since the beta had that dream with Vegeta, he had been sleeping more to not only recover his strength, but to try and see his mate again.

It had been painful when he woke up alone, but at the same time, the submissive had felt a little better, it was like a weight he didn't realize was there was lifted off him. He didn't feel quite as worn from being treated like he was less than a person or like he wanted to give in and quit. Listening to Vegeta's advice, Goku found it a bit easier to not resist when Shiveria wanted him to do something. Vegeta was right, letting her think she had won made it better in a way.

He still hated her, hated the things she made him do, but she left him alone more often. She wasn't constantly touching and petting him or making him perform "tricks" for her amusement. Shiveria even gave him a blanket and for once he felt warm and comfortable at night, especially with his increased meals actually coming close to sating his hunger completely. Through it all he held onto Vegeta's promise.

Goku found his eyes drifting to gaze out the massive window as sleep continued to evade him. He knew he wouldn't see Geta, but he couldn't help looking for his alpha. Gazing blankly at the stars his mind wandered back to waking up.

Flashback

Dark eyes opened blearily and stared blankly at the needle in his wrist almost confused as they followed the tubing up to a bag of some clear fluid. His eyes felt so heavy he wondered why he woke up to begin with. His eyes clenched shut as he held in a whine at the ache in his chest. He wanted to stay asleep and see Geta, to be anywhere other than here.

He could still feel the tingle of Vegeta's touch on his skin and where he was marked in his dream. The faint scent of cloves filled his nose and he did his best to hold onto the memory of that smell afraid he'd never have it again. A shiver ran down his frame as his mate's possessive gaze flashed in his mind. Vegeta had made him feel so safe and loved, it hurt to realize it was only a dream.

At least the doctor hadn't lied to him. He did feel better even if it felt he should still be asleep. His heart didn't feel like it was going to beat out of his chest and he could feel each slow and relaxed breath as he let his eyes slide closed again. He was sure how long he lay there before the sounds of low pitched conversation came to his attention.

"-it's Vegeta?"

His eyes snapped open at his mate's name and tried to focus as he listened and looked for the speakers.

"Yes, sensors indicated a saiyan ship entered the system yesterday. There's only one saiyan with a reason come out here. Vegeta's looking for his mate."

Geta was here? His heart swelled. Geta was really coming to get him.

'I'm coming for you...we're almost there love.' Geta was really here? It wasn't just a dream. He would have cried for joy if he wasn't exhausted. The beta wanted to purr imagining Vegeta taking him home. His cheeks flamed with his second realization. If that wasn't just a dream....His eyes softened. His Geta really did love him. He only hoped Vegeta was telling the truth about always wanting him.