Bardock's Battle

Bardock placed his son in Vegeta's room on the ship and hurried back to the cockpit. He was keeping an eye on the sensors as he waited for Vegeta and Gohan to hurry up. The older man set up the shields on the ship, and went back to look in on Goku.

He came in, and immediately his eyes fell on the collar that was still around the beta's throat. The alpha growled in anger as he quickly broke the metal without causing further harm to his son and threw the pieces into the hall. Once that monstrosity was gone, Bardock gently turned his son on his side and set about tending to the wounds the submissive had gotten as best he could.

As he worked down the sleeping form, the dominant make careful note of every mark, bruise, and scar on his youngest son. When he got to the other's tail, Bardock started in horror. Seeing all that damage, and the ring at the base of the limb had him growling in rage. With how swollen the tail looked, the ring appeared to be cutting into the limb, and if it wasn't removed, there was a serious probability that Goku could loose his tail again. It looked like that was his most serious wound at the moment and something Bardock could actually deal with quickly.

As soon as his hand touched the ring and the fur around it, the submissive woke up in a panic. He whined out of fear as he tried to scramble backwards away from those hands near his tail as he twisted to put the shattered limb under him. He was so frightened that he still couldn't tell who he was with.

"Kakarot!" Bardock shouted his name as he grabbed the trembling arms to keep the younger saiyan from falling off the bed. As soon as he touched Goku, the submissive panicked more, and whined again as he tried to get free. Bardock could barely feel the panicked blows of his son as he weakly thrashed. Between what ever they drugged him with and that damn ring cutting into his tail, the older male wasn't surprised. "It's me! You're safe now. It's alright,son."

Hearing the concerned voice of his father made the beta freeze, and he looked up at his mirror image with silent sobs wracking his frame. Bardock was relieved to see awareness in his son's eyes instead of his former vacant stare, even if it was clouded with panic and terror. Once it finally sank in that he was with Bardock, Goku launched himself at his father to bury his face in his sire's neck. He held tight to the alpha's neck as his shoulders shook with the force of his emotional release.

Bardock brought his arms up to hold the traumatized beta and to help calm him. Goku whimpered and tried to curl as small as he could in his father's arms, flinching every time Bardock's hands touched a new place on his back and shoulders.

"Its alright, son, I'm here. I've got you." He felt his heart break at how small his son had gotten. Kakarot felt almost fragile in his arms now. The beta was always a little smaller than him, especially after Vegito's birth, but this was so much worse. He purred and tucked his son's head under his chin just holding him while Goku cried from the overwhelming emotions. "Its over, we're gonna get you home now."

When his tail came up to brush at Goku's back comfortingly he didn't expect his son to flinch harder and whine or jerk away when he tried to massage his scalp like he had so many times when Kakarot was upset. He wanted to rip Shiveria's spine out and strangle her with it. He noticed his son's tail was limp aside from a few twitches that had him whimpering in pain with each movement. He needed to take care of that now.

"Kakarot, I need to take care of your tail." He said softly. Bardock wasn't surprised when Kakarot whined shaking his head and tried to shrink even smaller. He didn't particularly want to cause his hurt son any more pain but there wasn't another way to get the ring off.

"I know, son." He soothed as he held the beta tighter. "But I need to get that ring off before it makes you lose your tail again. It's going to be ok. I promise I'll be as gentle as I can." He felt relief as Kakarot nodded and allowed himself to be shifted a bit so Bardock could reach his tail, but he refused to let go of his sire and latched onto the straps of his father's armor so the man could see what he was doing. Bardock felt Goku's whole body tense as he touched the silver ring while his son whined and gripped him tighter.