Back On Earth

Bulma gave a smile that didn't fully reach her eyes as she thanked her friends for coming to her birthday party at Capsule Corp. She just didn't feel like celebrating as much as she should, and she could see that her guests felt the same. The party had been going on for about an hour with everyone from the Z-fighters to their non fighting friends in attendance.

It had been a full year since Goku had left, and over half a year since Vegeta had left to follow him. She still had a hard time trying to get use to living without all of them especially Vegeta and her son Trunks. It has gotten very quite around the house with the two of them and Gohan.

A flash of green caught her eye, and Bulma looked over to see Piccolo chatting with Android 18. The two had formed a unique friendship over the past few months. A small smile formed on her lips as she watched the pair for a few minutes.

Piccolo had taken over as the main protector of Earth since he was the strongest out of the fighters, but it didn't look like that would be the case for too much longer.

Krillin had come to her to request a gravity chamber for his own. Apparently, the short man had done some thinking, and he decided to start training again with his wife to help the Namekan out should there be a significant threat.

The woman's blue eyes glanced over at the buffet table that was still mostly full once she was able to get away from her guests.

Well...almost everyone.

"Bulma..." A deep yet timid voice drew the blue eyed woman from her thoughts. She looked up at the large form of the Ox King with a raised brow. "Has there been any news on Gohan or the others?"

"No, there hasn't." Bulma sighed as she crossed an arm over her purple dress to support her other one as it came to pinch the bridge of her nose. "Like I told you last week, I haven't heard from Gohan since he last told me that they had entered the solar system where Vegetasei is."

"I'm sorry I keep bothering you, Bulma." The large man said hesitantly. "I just...I really need to speak with him. It's important. So could you let me know as soon as you hear something?"

"Ox, what is it that can't wait until he gets back?" Bulma asked in exasperation. "He's been gone almost a year since he left, and you've pestered me for months without telling me what you actually want. I don't have the faintest idea when he's going to come home or if he plans to at all." The older woman shouted with tears in her eyes.

"Are you okay, Bulma?" Krillin asked coming over with Eighteen.

"No, I'm not okay!" She screamed as everything finally came crashing down. "I haven't seen my son in almost a year. Half my family members are basically off planet, and none of them are any closer to coming back and to top it off they missed my birthday!"

"We miss them too, Bulma." Krillin tried to soothe. "You know they'll come home eventually. Remember when we were all younger, we had to wait four years to see Goku after the mess with King Piccolo."

"I don't think that's helping, honey." The blond whispered in her husband's ear when Bulma began crying again.

"What he's trying to say is that Goku always comes back. We'll see him again and Vegeta and the boys." Piccolo finished.

"Yeah, they'll probably show up when we least expect it." Krillin tried again trying to cheer her up. The namekian and other fighters blinked feeling a familiar surge of ki and looked to the left just in time to see Goku and the others materialize from thin air.

Vegeta touched his forehead to his mate's when they felt the familiar atmosphere of Earth. Goku gave a soft smile as he quickly took his cub and checked him over, worried about how IT could have affected someone so young.