Planet Fall

Vegeta gritted his teeth as he felt the shockwave from landing on solid ground. It was one of the things he absolutely detested whenever he was traveling from planet to planet: the rough landing and the tight space in the pod itself.

The hatch to the pod opened and the prince couldn't get out of the ship fast enough. For a brief moment his hand lifted up to his left ear to punch a button on his nonexistent scouter, but he stopped it halfway up.

"Humph...old habits die hard..."

The saiyan had been worried that Shiveria would have blasted his pod into oblivion before he could get to relative safety, but she had been so busy shooting the empty ones that Vegeta managed to slip by undetected.

"Crazy bitch." He muttered as he crossed his arms. He looked around once he got out of the crater his attack pod made.

The planet was roughly the same size as Earth, so the gravity was easy to move around. The sky was a strange shade of rust with a red sun hanging high and blue rings circling the planet. The ground was covered in purple grass and black rocks which made everything seem dark to Vegeta's perspective. A greenish blue ocean wasn't too far from where he landed. All in all it was quite the beautiful planet, and highly valuable on the market because of that beauty and the ocean it possessed if the scent of salt water was in fact from the ocean itself. You could never tell on some of these worlds.

Stretching his senses out Vegeta couldn't feel any larger life forms on the planet, nothing "human" at least. He could detect a few odd "animals" nearby but that was about it. It looked like Shiveria's crew had done a through job, that or the inhabitants could mask their ki. Vegeta was firmly leaning toward the first, as in the near 20 years under Frieza Earth was the first planet he encountered that unique ability.

Climbing back into the attack ball Vegeta tapped the onboard screen. He needed to know more about where he was for the time being and to hopefully make contact with Bardock and Gohan. He was counting on the boy to have sensed him but with Shiveria throwing blasts everywhere there was still a possibility his stepson missed him. If Bardock had the long range sensors active he should be able to get his coordinates to the others easily enough.

After a few minutes of searching through the data banks, the prince let out a frustrated sound at the lack of information. The only thing he found was the planet's name, Pavati, and the fact that it was ready for sale. The only useful thing he found out was that there were edible plant and animal species if he was here for longer than he planned.

Deciding on trying to locate his family before his temper got the better of him, Vegeta switched over to the pod's limited scanner range. He was too far to sense either Bardock's or Gohan's ki, but the pod had a further range.

"Come on...come on..." Vegeta narrowed his eyes as he scanned one section of the sky at a time. Finally the display lit up as it found a ship not too far from the planet, and it took a few seconds, but it was identified as a saiyan ship.

The prince activated a homing beacon that the attack pod had in case of emergency landings, and soon a crackling came over the small speaker of the ship.

"...geta...at yo..." Static garbled the words, and the alpha cursed as he tried to clear up the signal. He was slightly unfamiliar with the new model of the attack pod, but most of the configuration was based on previous designs.

"Bardock? Can you read me?" He adjusted the frequency a little more only to get an angry shout from the other end.

"Vegeta! What the hell kind of stunt was that?!" Vegeta flinched at the loud voice that came over the communication link. "Do you have any idea how stupid that was?! Gohan could barely track you with all that ki flying around!"