Trial

Warning. This chapter might be gory for some people.

As soon as the two suns started to set on Vegetasei, the arena that had held spectators for the Sun Tournament was now being filled for a trial. Whispers of shock and disbelief were spread over the fact that someone had done something that warranted the call for a public trial. Those that took a glance at the imperial box shivered at the sight of the prince.

Vegeta stood beside his father and oldest stepson with a grim look on his face. His arms were crossed and his tail lashed around behind him as he waited impatiently for everyone to get settled. He was glaring at two posts buried in the ground a few feet from the dais where a set of manacles hung empty.

Once every saiyan was seated, the king looked over at his son with a concerned glint in his eyes, but he was forced to push that in the back of his mind as he stood to address the confused masses.

"We are gathered here for the trial of Turles son of Onio for kidnapping a mated beta, harming two betas and three cubs, and..." Here K. Vegeta took an uneasy glance at his eldest. "The attempted murder of Prince Vegito."

Vegeta snapped his head towards his father so fast over that news his neck cracked. The alpha clenched his hands tightly and bared his teeth in a snarl. His rage was apparent to anyone that glanced in his direction.

He hadn't heard about his youngest being threatened, but now his instincts were screaming at him to bathe in the pirate's blood. He wouldn't feel calm again until he was absolutely sure that Turles could no longer harm any of his family again.

The crowd shared his rage as shouts of outrage began to ring out around the dais. People were calling for the perpetrator's blood, and the guards surrounding the arena edges got into stances to keep the engaged saiyans back.

"Silence!" The monarch snarled out. "He will be brought forth to face judgment for his actions! Prince Vegeta and Prince Gohan will be the ones to execute punishment on the mangy mongrel!"

K. Vegeta's words did little to calm the saiyans, but they did take their seats once again. Satisfied that Turles would not get ripped apart until it was sentencing time, he looked over at Bardock and Nappa.

"Bring forth the prisoner."

Turles was only recognizable by his similar features to Kakarot at this point as Raditz dragged him into the arena by a pair of shackles. Small scrapes and bruises littered the saiyan's body, evidence of his reluctance to tell the guards of his crimes no doubt. Nappa and Bardock flanked Raditz and escorted the alpha to the twin posts before locking him in place. The pirate growled and jerked at his bonds before raising his head to meet King Vegeta's angry gaze. Nappa slapped the back of his head hard enough to make him look to the ground.

"Know your place, mongrel." He snapped. "You stand before the King."

"Turles son of Onio, you stand accused of our most vile of crimes. By your own admission you drugged the Prince Consort, Prince Tarble, and Princes Goten and Trunks; you kidnapped the Prince Consort after attacking him with a ki suppressant; and you attempted to kill not only the heir to throne but a helpless infant." Many of the crowd snarled and a few of the guards were forced to hold some of the female spectators back who lunged at the alpha in a blind rage. "By right, this trial is a formality for the severity of your transgressions. Of our laws you have broken our two most sacred, To never harm a cub or beta, and the attempted destruction of the bond between mates. What defense, if any, can you offer for your actions?" King Vegeta demanded as he silenced the witnesses.

"I offer none to you or your son." Turles said spitting on the ground before them. "You already made up your minds as to my judgment, therefore I demand my right to undergo Tarro's Blood Rite! Let the goddess judge my actions!"