Chapter 37: What's Up With Stiles?

Start from the beginning

"But now, you all need to get to school." Chris says.

"Wha--?" I start.

"Lizzie. You're going to school." Bobby insists. 

"I hate you both." I mutter as Scott pulls me out of the room. 

"Have fun." Bobby yells in a mocking tone. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Scott and I ride on his motorcycle to school, two identical motorcycles come on either side of us. I smirk while Scott audibly groans. 

Scott pulls ahead and parks at the school, only for the other bikes to park next to us. Everyone pulls off their helmets and Scott looks between the twins. "Are you guys gonna be doing this all day?" He asks.

"All day." Ethan agrees. 

"All night." Aiden adds. 

"Is this about being in my pack?" Scott asks. 

"This is about you being the target of demonic ninjas." Aide says.

"You mean the demonic ninjas that pulled swords out of their chests and completely kicked our asses?" Ethan asks.

"Don't forget about the part where I held out the longest." I say proudly.

"No  you didn't." Aiden says.

"Oh yeah. I got up first." I counter. 

"But yeah, those demonic ninjas." Aiden smirks.

"I don't need anyone to protect me." Scott says. I hold out for a few seconds before doubling over in laughter. "What?"

"I'm sorry, you don't need anyone to protect you?" I laugh, trying to contain myself.

"I can fight." I double over in laughter again. "Stop that!" He hisses. 

"I-I'm sorry!" I say, gaining control. "But you have no idea how to fight demons."

"And since it's our first encounter with these demonic ninjas, we're playing it safe." Ethan says.

"All day." Aiden adds.

"And all night." Scott mutters. 

We get to Scott's locker and he starts to list off rules. "First thing's first. I need to talk to Stiles and let him know everything that happened last night. Without you." 

"I'm coming with." I state, not taking no for an answer. 

"No." Aiden says.

"Yes. And I don't want you listening in. No wolf hearing." Scott orders.

"How would you even know?" Ethan asks.

"I'm a true alpha. You have no idea what I can do." He slams his locker shut and starts walking away.

"Don't worry. He won't be able to know. But please don't listen in." I tell them before following Scott to the chemistry classroom. 

Stiles arrives and immediately starts talking about last night. "So then she starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right? And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in..." Stiles pauses, looking at the empty board. He seems really freaked out, which is causing my anxiety to rise. "It's gone." He breathes, looking at the board. 

"Ok, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key" Stiles says, getting his key ring and running to the closet. He goes through his keys and looks down, confused. "What the hell..." He whispers. "I had it. I had it here. I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning."