Chapter 31- Puck

When you are a 5 year old without parents, without your family, and without control of yourself, things are very difficult.

This was what Puck was dealing with at the moment.

When you are a 5 year old without knowing where you are or what's going on in the outside world sometimes you just want to die.

This was what Puck was dealing with as well.

When you are a 5 year old and have the same dreams every night, you want to figure out what they mean, you feel insane because you know nothing about anything and the world just seems to be going against you and you feel sick because it's too hot where you are and you just want your parents back and you just want Thunder to come and find you and everything is just...just...

So. Hard.

His dreams of his father never changed. Every night Puck knew that he would once again hear his father's stories of Mira, the goddess who cursed his father and his siblings.

One night, the dream had ended very quickly, and Puck had hoped that for the rest of the night he would be able to sleep peacefully. He'd been wrong to hope.

Every night since then, Puck would have the dream of Mira and his father. Then that dream would be followed by another dream, and then that dream would be followed by another.

Puck sighed and lay down on the dirt floor of his "cell." He knew he was no longer in Thor's study, for Thor had ordered one of his Black Out members to take him to the (in Thor's own words) "secret room."

The "secret room" wasn't the dungeon, for there were no cells and no one else was with him. Unfortunately, Puck never saw what the "secret room" was, for he was blindfolded and carried there. The only thing Puck knew about his whereabouts was that the "secret room" was a small circular room with a dirt floor and no windows. There was no light unless you counted the orange glow that came from a crack at the bottom of the wall. Puck suspected that there was another room next to the "secret room" which had light inside of it. Puck wanted to see light so badly.

Puck wished he knew the full reason why Thor had brought him here. The only thing he understood when Thor spoke to the person that took him away was "bait." Was he going to be bait? For who? No one would ever find him here.

Tried with worry, Puck prepared himself for the dreams he would face as soon as he closed his eyes. Puck had discovered that the dreams came to him right as he closed his eyes. Once he did close his eyes, he wouldn't be able to open them back up until the dreams were over. Puck had tried to wake himself so he wouldn't have to deal with the dreams any longer, but it was like his eyelids where glued shut until all 3 dreams were over. Puck had learned to just deal with the repeated dreams. On the plus side, Puck always felt refreshed and well-rested in the morning, even if the dreams had been confusing and painful to watch.

Just like every night, Puck found himself wrapped in the blue blanket and sitting on the couch listening to his now-dead father tell him the story of his encounter with Mira. Everything in dreams were a little hazy. They were less clear than when you looked at things in real life. He half listened to the story he now knew word for word by heart, all the while wondering why he couldn't just dream something else. About 10 minutes later the dream ended with the warning he received every night:

"That's why Puck, you must always beware a crane or women with eyes as white as the full moon. She has the power to reverse your wishes and your strongest feelings. If you feel great hate for someone, she has the power to turn it into great love. However, she also has the power to turn great love into great hate. Remember that."

The warning lingered in Puck's mind as he appeared a dark hallway. He'd been in this hallway many times before, but never out of a dream. Without even meaning to, Puck walked forward, going deeper into the hallway with each step. In these dreams he could never control what he said or did.