Chapter 30- Thunder

Cam, a boy with blonde hair and green pants, gently sat Twinkle down on some hay. Thunder watched Twinkle through the bars of his cell. Great, now Twinkle is trapped too.

Thunder knew very well that the arrow shot at Twinkle was no killing arrow. After all, he and Puck had been shot with the same kind of arrow by the Crew. Thunder looked at Twinkle in the cell to his left. Then he looked at another strange boy to his right. The boy had black hair and a torn football jersey shirt. Blood seeped through his shirt onto the stone floor. His eyes were closed, but he kept groaning, so Thunder knew he was conscious.

Who is he? I've seen him before...and from some reason I remember not liking him.,.. Then it clicked. He's the boy who'd tried to stab Neptune! Anger burned through Thunder like lightning. Well good, he works for Black Out, he deserves to die. Wait... if he works for Black Out, why is he locked up?

Cam was sitting on a wooden bench across from their cell's. Thunder could tell he was watching him out of the corner of his eye. He glared at Cam and then scooted to the left side of his domine. Twinkle was in reaching distance. Thunder slipped his hands through the bars and touched Twinkle's hair. It had been forever since he'd seen his little sister. Thunder reached over her head and pulled the arrow out of Twinkle's shoulder. She sighed. Thunder sighed with her. Twinkle would live, however, he wasn't so sure about the boy in the other stall. What was his name again?

As if on command, Twinkle sat up straight, facing away from Thunder. "Valyor!?" she cried out. She stared at the empty cells in front of her. "Valyor?"

That was it! Valyor. "He's over here, Twinkle," Thunder said in a soft voice.

Twinkle slowly turned around, the arrow's sleep medicine still slightly in her. Slowly she moved until she was facing Tunder. For a few minutes she stared at him. The just sat there, peering through the bars at each other.

"Twinkle," Thunder finally said, his voice choked with emotion.

"Thunder," Twinkle said, in just the same voice.

"How? How....I thought I'd never see you again." Thunder could hardly contain his emotions. Twinkle was here! Here! How long had it been since he'd seen her?

"Thunder!" Twinkle desperately tried to reach him through the bars of their cells but could only fit her arms through. "I looked everywhere for you," she said, tears starting to roll down her cheeks. "I knew I'd find you! We'll get outta here and get Puck and run. We'll run and run and run and never come back."

"It won't be that easy," Thunder said, his voice darkened with sadness. "Puck's trapped somewhere, I don't know where......"

"It'll be okay," Twinkle said determinedly, wiping tears from her eyes. "We can do it. We've made it this far. We can do anything."

Thunder nodded, but wasn't encouraged by Twinkle's words. All he could do was replay the moment Thor had lost control of his powers in his study. He could picture Puck's crumpled body in the corner of the room while Thor had threatened to kill him with more heat. 10 degrees warmer, Thunder thought. That's all it would've taken for Puck to..to... Thunder didn't want to think about it.

"We can do it" Twinkle murmured again drowsily, the medicine from the arrow was still causing her to fall asleep. She curled up close to the metal bars that separated her and Thunder from each other and fell asleep in moments.

Thunder looked at Twinkle with longing. Why couldn't he be as optimistic as her in times of trouble? She hasn't seen Thor can do... or maybe she has! I remember hearing the members of Black Out talking about no adults and fire and money. What has Black Out done to Jama that I don't know about? The feeling of unknowing bothered Thunder. He was about to go to sleep just like Twinkle, when he remembered Valyor.

Forever Forgotten: White Eyesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें