Chapter X- Puck

Two Weeks Later

         Clang! The blade of Thunder's sword hit Scara's.
          "Good" she said. "Blocking is the key to winning a battle against your enemy."
           Puck giggled from the side lines. Thunder is learning fencing from a girl!
           Thunder glared teasingly at Puck, obviously knowing what he was thinking. "If you think it's so easy, why don't you try yourself!?"
          "He's only five," Scara warned. "He's too young."
           Thunder nodded. He knew that. "I was just kidding," he told Scara.
         "I know," she laughed. Then she suddenly lunged her sword at Thunder.
           Thunder gasped as the blade hit him in the arm.
         "Always be prepared for your enemy. They could strike at any moment!"
         Thunder nodded at Scara.
         Puck flinched. If the swords hadn't had rubber around the blade it might have went right through Thunder's arm. He shuddered again.
       Thunder had been training with The Crew for two weeks now, and The Crew had become family to the two orphans.  They cared and taught them well. Thunder had learned how to fight and defend himself from any villain the team might face and he was getting very good at it too.
          Puck had been disappointed that he was too young to work with a sword or bow. Everyone had noticed his disappointment but they all claimed that he just had to wait until he was older. Well, everyone but Neptune.
       Neptune had been secretly training Puck how to use a bow, much to Puck's delight. Neptune believed that if there was an attack at the base, Puck needed to be able to defend himself.  Because of this, Puck liked Neptune best.
        "Can I please try?" Puck asked hopefully.
         Scara looked over at him. "Sorry Puck," she said. "Your just too little."
         Puck crossed his arms. He was plenty big enough. He could do what Neptune taught him. Surely there was something he could learn.
        Suddenly there was an ear-popping scream from the other room.
        Puck gasped. "Neptune!"
        Scara gasped and rushed out of the room, sword gripped in her hand. Thunder started to follow her but then quickly blocked Puck's mad dash for the door.
       "No," he growled "You're staying here!"
       "But-" Puck started.
      "No buts" Thunder hissed "You're staying here. You're way too young for whatever is out there!" Then he rushed out of the door.
       Puck crossed his arms again. Great. Now Scara's stupid 'too young' theory was rubbing off on Thunder too. Puck glared at the closed, wooden door. Yeah right, Puck thought. There's no way I'm staying in here.
      He turned and ran toward the wall on which all the weapons hung. He grabbed a bow off of one of the hooks and grabbed a pouch of arrows. He slung the pouch around his back.  No. He was not going to stay in this stupid room while his teammates and brother might be dying out there! I'm gonna fight!