Griffin

Chapter 13

Griffin

The Underworld

Steve, Alfred, Arthur, Orm, and I watched as the Griffin sprayed fire out of his beak. The Griffin had no chains holding him down. We had to act fast before the Griffin started attacking us. I leaped towards the Griffin. I attempted to attack it's brown, left wing, however, I batted me away like I was a baseball into the wall on the south side.

"Okay, that's it. I'm getting sick of these monsters." Arthur stated.

"Me too." Orm said.

Arthur ran towards the Griffin. His steps were engraving his feet into the ground. He put a lot of pressure on the ground when he ran. Arthur jumped up towards the Griffin and grabbed it's spiked tail. Arthur threw it against a wall. As the Griffin started getting up, Orm ran last Arthur pinned it against the wall and beat it with his fists.

The Griffin was able to shrug Orm and Arthur off of his body. Steve and Alfred got out their two barreled shotguns and started firing at the Griffin's face. Alfred fired five cartages and Steve fired six.

"This is fun." Steve laughed.

"You're right, it is." Alfred replied. "Keep hitting him! We're winning."

"You got it!" Steve exclaimed.

The two kept firing as the Griffin started backing away. The Griffin backed into the west wall. This was not an attempt at a retreat however. The Griffin started charging towards Alfred and Steve when he felt the time was right. Steve tackled Alfred to get himself and Alfred out of the way of the Griffin's path.

Steve and Alfred were lying in the ground as the Griffin stood above them. As the Griffin was about to burn Steve and Alfred alive with his fire breath, Arthur slid below the Griffin's belly and impaled him with his trident. Arthur held the Griffin in the air by his trident. Soon after, the Griffin's body turned to ash.

Steve and Alfred ran over to me to see if I was alright. "You okay?" Steve asked.

"I'm fine." I answered.

"If you need anything, just ask me." Steve stated.

"I will." I replied. I noticed Alfred didn't say anything, maybe he was starting to like Steve.

"Come on! We have one more monster to fight then we'll be able to defeat Ares!" Orm shouted to us.

Alfred helped me up. Then Steve, Alfred, and I ran over to Arthur and Orm who were standing at the east wall. I was about to break through the wall again with my fists but Steve stopped me.

"Wait." Steve stated, he got two breach charges out of his backpack. "I want to have some fun too."

Steve applied the two breach charges on the wall and blew it open with a switch. Behind this wall was a Typhon. The Typhon was red. He was twenty five feet tall and had the head of a man but had seven legs that were enormous. The legs were wrapped up like a viper. On his head were hundreds of snakes hissing. On his back were two black wings about seven and a half feet wide.

"You must've defeated my servants." The Typhon stated, "You will not defeat me, for I am the most powerful monster Ares' even knows of."

"Great, this one talks." Arthur grunted.