Plans

Chapter 10

Plans

Atlantis War Room

Orm and Arthur had lead Steve and I to the War Room at the City Hall. The four of stood around a stone table in the shape of a circle. The War Room had dozens of pictures of War Heroes and former rulers of Atlantis on it's walls. Atlantis was so advanced in technology, more advanced than Themyscira. There were also dozens of flat screen TVs that were waterproof. The TVs were playing news from around the world.

"As Commander and Chief of Atlantis, I have sent Atlantean Spies to investigate all known former locations of Ares and his army." Orm stated. "They discovered a portal to a realm known as-"

"The Underworld." I interrupted, "It is located in Greenland right?"

"Yes." Orm stated.

"I know what it is. My mother, Hippolyta told me stories about it. She told me that she had brought a squad of Amazons there. The squad was murdered by Ares' monsters and guard." I explained.

"Wait your mother is Hippolyta!?" Arthurs exclaimed. "Queen Hippolyta?"

"Yes." I answered.

"That means you're the queen of Themyscira right now." Orm stated.

"Yes but it's basically the Queen of nothing." I replied.

"Do you know if Hippolyta is still alive?" Arthur asked.

"She is. She's been captured by Ares." I stated. "I couldn't do anything."

"Did you at least try?" Orm questioned enraged.

My face turned guilty. Steve stepped in front of me to defend me, "Hey! We don't need to fight here, we are on the same side!"

"That is true but I do not like being on the same side as a coward." Orm stated.

"Brother-," Arthur got interrupted.

"No Arthur! She didn't do anything to save her Queen! I bet she wants her to die so she could become Queen! She's a fraud!" Orm yelled.

"That's enough! I am not the Amazon you think I am. My mother sent me to Man's World so I could live in safety. It was not my choice. She told me when the time was right, I'd help defeat Ares. Just about a few days ago, I had gotten a message from her telling me that she was captured by Ares and it was time for me to stop him." I stated, "I am no coward. I will find my mother and defeat Ares."

"Orm, maybe you should apologize." Arthur stated.

"You're right brother. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. I did not know-

"You better be sorry!" Steve screamed at Orm's face.

"Steve, calm down. And Orm, it is alright. Just explain what we are going to do about the Underworld." I said.

"I will bring an army there. We will infiltrate the Underworld and defeat Ares." Orm explained.

"But do you know anything about the Underworld? Going in blind isn't a smart idea." Steve said.

"I do." Arthur replied to Steve. "There are a total of three monsters we need to get through. All these monsters were trained to kill anyone who isn't authorized to enter the Underworld. The first monster is a Minotaur. The second monster is a Griffin. And the final monster is a Typhon. In order to even speak to Ares we must defeat all three of these monsters. It's some kind of ritual."

"How do you know all this?" Orm asked. How did Orm not know this about his brother?

"My father and I have traveled there when I lived on the surface." Arthur said, "He was an extraordinary man. I am sorry, I never knew that this base belonged to Ares. I only knew it was called the Underworld."

"It's okay brother, you told us, that's all that matters." Orm said to Arthur.

"So basically, we just need to kill all these monsters and then kill Ares?" Steve asked.

"It's not that simple. These monsters will kill our soldiers. Our soldiers are not skilled enough to kill them." Arthur said.

"I am" I said, "I will defeat the monsters. I was trained like any other Amazon but I was trained at a young age. I will just need back up."

"Atlantis' Army will give you back up. We will kill Ares for what he did." Orm said.

"No, not kill. Defeat but not kill." I commanded. "We aren't any better than he is if we kill."

"Fine, but we will defeat him." Orm said in an angered tone. "We leave tonight, at midnight."