Themysciran Roots

Chapter 5

Themysciran Roots

Wayne Manor

I ran downstairs right after my journal burnt in my hands. I was still wearing a large t-shirt. After I felt the carpet of the stair rub against my feet, I arrived downstairs. I saw Alfred watching TV. He was in shock. I turned to the TV to see a man armored in black, Greek armor and a horned, grey helmet holding up a head of a dead woman. I noticed the woman was an Amazon and the man was Ares.

"Listen humans and Atlanteans!" Ares said on TV. He was standing on a body of dead Amazons. I couldn't see my mother or Artemis and I sighed in relief. "This is your only chance! My name is Ares, the God of War! You may have heard stories about me. The stories are true! Surrender to me in 48 hours or perish at my feet as these Amazons did!"

The TV went to static. Alfred turned the TV off and turned to me. He knew it was time for me to fight. He knew I had to help. He wouldn't let me though.

"Alfred... I have to defeat Ares. That wasn't a bluff. He will do what he says if we don't surrender and knowing the US' Government, we won't surrender." I stated to him. "Mother had written to me. She was defeated. She told it was my time."

"No. I won't let you. If your mother couldn't defeat him, what make you think you can?" Alfred questioned.

"I don't know but if I don't try, who will?" I asked.

"The US Military! The United Nations! You don't have to be the first response!" Alfred yelled. He was worried. He did not want me to go.

"Do you truly think the United Nations can stop Ares?" I asked. "I know that you know what Ares is capable of. They won't stop him, not without me."

"No. I won't let you go." Alfred stood by his decision. "I've been your guardian for almost 12 years now. Bruce already left. He may never return. I won't let you go too."

"That's not you're choice to make. Mother told me you knew what to do when this time came. I either go with your knowledge or without it." I stated. "I'm sorry Alfred. I have to at least try to stop Ares."

Alfred sighed. "Follow me."

Alfred brought me to a Grandfather Clock that was in the living room. Alfred moved the Grandfather Clock over to reveal a cave behind it. He brought me in it and led me down black, cement stairs. Bats flew all over the cave. There were six circular platforms with hundreds of black crates on them.

"This was the cave Bruce had found before he met me, before his parents died." I stated as I walked downstairs.

"That's right." Alfred replied to me.

Alfred led me the largest platform. Alfred moved boxes to across the platform to reveal a golden dresser. I walked up to the golden dresser and ran my hand across it. I saw my reflection stare back at me when I looked at the shining gold.

"What's in it?" I asked.

"Open it and see for yourself." Alfred answered.

I pulled opened up the two vertical, golden doors by their wooden handles. In the golden dresser was a red, armored, tank top like, chest plate and a blue, armored, knee high dress. A golden armored belt held the two pieces together. Hanging on the side of the door were two Bracelets of Submission for each of my wrists. The Bracelets were made out of indestructible steel, mother had told me this. Under the left Bracelet was a golden Lasso of Truth. The Lasso of Truth could be used to question anyone and force them to tell the truth. Under the right Bracelet was a Magical, Amazonian Sword with a red handle.

"My mother gave you this?" I asked.

"No, she had sent an Amazon to drop this off about a year." Alfred replied. "The Amazon told me to give this to you if things got out of hand with Ares, no matter how old you were. The armor is the most powerful armor know to everyone on Earth."

"Today's the day then. It's time for me to fight alongside my mother." I stated.