Encounter

Chapter 6

Encounter

Themyscira

Alfred and I flew in a private jet to Themyscira. The private jet was owned by the Wayne Family. Roger Elliot and Marla Elliot, two very good friends of Thomas and Martha Wayne, had given the plane to the Waynes as a gift on Christmas of 1975.

I remember playing with Bruce and Thomas Elliot, Roger and Marla's son, outside. Roger had died in a car accident five years before I arrived. About a year after I arrived, Marla had died in a mugging. They never were able to catch her killer. After Marla's death I never heard from Thomas again.

Alfred had flown around the island, looking for hostiles. None were visible so landed the jet on a flat platform and opened up the back entry. Alfred and I walked out of the private jet to look for any survivors or any evidence.

Alfred and I were out in the open. There were fires everywhere. Everything was black and ashy. There were fallen statues of Greek Gods and Goddesses. There were fallen monuments and buildings. I saw skeletons of my fallen sisters. What kind of monster could do this?

I fell on my knees. I remember running around these grounds when I was a child. Tears ran down my face. Ares was going to pay. Alfred put his right hand on my left shoulder as I stared down at the ground. The tears that came out of my eyes fell on the ashy ground.

"Diana, we have to move. We can't risk getting attack out in the open." Alfred stated.

"Right." I replied.

I got up. Alfred and I ran inside a damaged coliseum. Alfred got out a map. I looked at it as he was figuring out where to explore. Alfred looked up at me.

"We explore here first." Alfred stated, he pointed at the museum. "That way, we have shelter if there are any surprise attacks."

"Agreed." I stated.

Alfred and I heard sirens coming from the oceans. We heard the waves crash on the sand. Something big was coming. It must've been multiple ships. The ships had to be heavy and armored.

Alfred and I ran outside to see six gray U.S.S. Naval Carriers. The U.S. Navy was here. I recognized one of the ships, General Sam Lane led one of the Carriers. Great, just great, my old boss is here.