Attack

Chapter 3

Attack

LuthorCorp Gotham

A day after the big game, I applied for a job at LuthorCorp Gotham. The company is owned by Lionel Luthor. Lionel built the company up from rock bottom. His father had filed for bankruptcy and the company had only been worth two million dollars. Now that may sound like a lot but for a company it's not. Lionel was able to build the company up to a net worth of seven billion dollars.

If I get the job, then I'd be an assistant to the great man. I'd probably get paid more than I did when I worked for General Sam Lane.

I sat in a waiting room alone, wearing a white dress and white heels. I had a red purse with lipstick, gum, and a wallet in it. The room had frames of the Luthor family through it's generations. I saw a frame of Alexander "Lex" Luthor, Lionel's son. He is only 30 years old and was already building a name for himself. He was able to send shipments of hundreds of pounds of food to kids in Africa and help almost a thousand of homeless people off the streets and into a house.

A pretty woman holding a clipboard came out a door that was on my right. She wore a pink button up shirt that was tucked in a black dress.

"Mr. Bertinelli would like to meet with you now." The woman said.

"Wait, Mr. Bertinelli? I thought I was here for Lionel Luthor." I replied.

"Oh you are but Mr. Luthor requires everyone who becomes a personal assistant to interview with his most trusted bodyguard first." The woman said.

The woman led me to Mr. Bertinelli. I have never heard of this man before. When I saw the man, he wore a black suit with a red tie. He had black hair and scars on his right cheek. Mr. Bertinelli had to have had some kind of fight that gave him those scars.

"Sit." Mr. Bertinelli commanded. He pointed to a green lounge chair.

The woman left the room.

"So I see you worked for General Sam Lane..." Mr. Bertinelli said. "Oh and the names Frank Bertinelli but you'll be referring to me as Mr. Bertinelli."

I nodded my head to show that I'd agree to calling him Mr. Bertinelli.

"Mr. Luthor doesn't like General Lane. He won't trust anyone who's worked for him. The two have been corporate and personal enemies for a very long time." Mr. Bertinelli stated. "He won't give you the job but because you're a very beautiful woman, I could give you the job for one favor. You give me a job." He smiled in a perverted manner.

The man was a pig! He would only give me job if I became one of his toys!

"No." I said. "Damn you, you stupid pig..."

Bertinelli tried to grab my arm but instead I smashed his arm on the table.

I am an Amazon, I do not let men control me. I got out of my chair and walked out of the room. As I left the room I heard Bertinelli make a phone call.

I saw the women who escorted me in behind a desk. I assumed she had no dignity and she had to do what Bertinelli wanted her to do.

I walked out the backdoor and into an alleyway. It was difficult for me to walk in these heels. The ground below me was all rocky and flooded with cigarettes.

I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see three men with knives coming towards me. Their blue pants sagged and they wore black jackets. I knew what they wanted and what they were going to do if they didn't get it.

"Hello pretty lady." One of the men said. "Give us your fucking wallet and go back inside and apologize to Mr.Bertinelli. Then give him whatever the hell he wants from you."

"No." I said. "That man's a pig."

The men surrounded me. They knew nothing about me though. They didn't know I was like any other woman.

"Hey look boys! We have a defiant one here! Fine. It'll only make killing a hot chick easier." The man who commanded me to give him my wallet told his friends.

The man tried to stab me with a knife but I dodged the silver blade and grabbed his wrist. I was stronger than they thought. I snapped his wrist and broke it.

"Son of a bitch." The man yelled, "Get her!"

Another man who was African American tried stabbing me in the back. I took on step to my left and saw him fall. He was putting too much weight on himself when he was trying to stab me. He wasn't trained in fighting at all.

The African American man got up and tried to punch me. I grabbed his arm and threw him into a green dumpster that was almost thirty feet away from me.

The final man who was Mexican looked scared. He clenched his knife but shivered at the same time. He didn't want to fight me. He knew I would beat him.

"Drop the knife and run." I commanded.

The man did as I said and left his colleagues behind. He ran towards the dumpster where I threw his friend but left him. I walked the other way towards the road and onto the sidewalk. I decided to go home to Alfred and tell him about my "job interview".