Football

Chapter 2

Football

Wayne Manor

I drove back home to the Wayne Manor. The Wayne Manor was named after the Wayne Family name. Patrick Wayne, father of Thomas Wayne, named the mansion that after he bought it from Amadeus Arkham. Arkham had opened up Arkham Asylum around the same time Wayne bought the Manor.

There are no current members of the Wayne family living at the Manor currently. With Bruce (the last surviving family member or the Wayne Family) in Asia, only me and Alfred occupy the Manor. We maintain the Manor the same way it was when Bruce left, expecting him to come home some day.

I parked in the garage that was installed right before Bruce left. There I saw Alfred waiting at the door inside the garage for me. He knew I was coming home, he knew my daily routines. I was surprised though, the Super Bowl was on and he wasn't watching. The Buffalo Bills and the New York Giants were playing and the Giants were his favorite team. Clearly he was more interested in seeing how my day went than the game. I was like a daughter to him.

I stepped out of my red 1990 BMW M3. The car rode smoothly. It was fast too but controllable. After getting out of the car I shut the door and walked to Alfred and gave him a hug.

"How was your day today?" Alfred asked as he led me into the living room with the game playing.

"I quit my job." I stated.

"Why?! That job payed well. You were lucky to have it!" Alfred said angrily. He was the one who got me the job.

"Lane treats the women who work for him like slaves. I didn't want to be his servant, so I quit." I replied.

"You're going to have shitty bosses Diana. You're just going to have to deal with them but you cannot quit your jobs because of them." Alfred informed me.

"I'll find another job that pays well." I replied.

"You'd better." Alfred commanded as he went to sit on the brown couch fifteen feet away from the TV.

I went up to my room and got out some comfortable clothes that were in my dresser. I got out a large, red t shirt and loose, black shorts. I slipped out of my dress to reveal my white bra and underwear. I then put on the shirt and the shorts. After I got out the journal my mother had given me before she left me here. The journal was under my bed. It had some dust particles on it which I brushed off. She had written a new note in hers that appeared in mine.

Hello Diana, I know I haven't written to you in a while. Dealing with Ares and his army has been... Difficult... I would love to see you today but you know I cannot do that. I hope you are having a prosperous life among the men. I promised you I would see you again and I will but I don't think it will be anytime soon. Stay strong Diana.

I shut the journal and put it back under my bed. I then laid down on my bed. I felt the cotton sink down as I pushed my back into it. I thought about how Artemis and I used to go fishing together. Then I thought about how mother and I sculpted clay models of mythical creatures. I left a tear slip out of my eye. Oh mother, when are you coming back for me? I desperately miss you.