Burnt

Chapter 4

Burnt

Wayne Manor

I got home and parked in the garage. Alfred, again, was waiting at the door. There were no events on TV going on at the moment nor any news stations reporting at the hour.

Alfred was holding a silver, metal plate on the palm of his right hand. On the silver, metal plate was a chicken salad and a stainless steel fork. Alfred knew chicken salad was my favorite. He was probably thinking I got the job. I got out of the car and walk up to him.

"Did you get the job?" Alfred asked me.

"I would've if I did what the man demanded me to do." I replied.

"What do you mean you would've gotten it? What did he 'demand' you to do?" Alfred questioned.

"He wanted me to give him a blowjob." I answered.

"Oh... Well... I'm happy you didn't accept the job. However, you need to find a job soon Diana." Alfred stated.

"I know Alfie. I will." I said.

I took the chicken salad and the stainless steel fork off the metal plate and removed my shoes. I then ran upstairs to my room. I felt the carpet run against my feet. The dress didn't let me be as versatile as if I were wearing normal clothes.

When I got in my room I slipped out of my dress and put on a large t-shirt. I took a bite out of my chicken salad. I felt the chewy chicken still as the salad traveled down my throat. I then grabbed the journal my mother gave me. I fell over on my bed and opened it up. A letter was currently being written.

Diana, Ares has won a major battle. Many of our sisters have died. Artemis... She's been captured. Ares, he's going to take me soon. His army has raided Themyscira and I don't have much time. You must tell Alfred. I trust he's trained you and it's time for you to fight beside me. He will know what to do. I love you Diana and I trust I will see you soon.

I sat up as the journal burned away. Ashes fell in my hands or flew across my room. My mother must've burned her journal.

"No!" I screamed.

My mother needed help! Artemis, my best friend, mother's best soldier, has been captured. Soon my mother would be captured. It was time for me to fight Ares and his army.