Atlantis

Chapter 8

Atlantis

Atlantic Ocean

Alfred and I were directed by General Lane to investigate a part of the Atlantic Ocean called Sub Diego with Steve Trevor. Sub Diego was in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and was named after San Diego. Lane claimed that there were unidentified radio signals coming from Sub Diego. Lane said the same radio signal had brought the United States Navy to Themyscira.

Steve Trevor knew how to drive or fly almost anything. He brought us to Sub Diego in a black submarine. We were about a hundred meters underwater. The submarine was about 25 meters long but could only seat four people.

"So, how's life on Paradise Island?" Steve Trevor asked me. He gave the wheel to Alfred.

"How'd you know Themyscira was called Paradise Island too?" I asked Trevor.

"Oh... I just saw it on a billboard somewhere." Steve made me laugh and Alfred was getting annoyed.

"Life was good. It was peaceful until Ares attacked." I stated.

"We'll take him down, I promise." Steve stated.

Steve started to lean towards me. The area we were in was compact. I started to feel a warm sense in my heart. I barely knew Steve but I formed a small crush on him. I feel like he had one for me. Suddenly, Alfred steered the submarine on it's left side to get Steve away from me. He smiled as he kept driving.

"Alfred!?" I yelled. Steve fell into a wall that was a foot away from him. Alfred didn't like Steve.

"Sorry Diana." Alfred laughed. "I see something, it's like a city."

I saw a city through the glass of the submarine. It was a city underwater! The city was made of concrete buildings that had collapsed.

When the submarine approached the city, I saw golden armored soldiers helping injured families and citizens. All these people had gills on their neck. Ares had to be the one who attacked this city. No being could've caused this much damage.

"Oh my god." Alfred stated.

"It's the lost city of Atlantis." I said.