Aquaman

Chapter 9

Aquaman

Atlantis

Steve, Alfred, and I looked at the Lost City of Atlantis. It was in ruins. I had been to Atlantis before, Mother took me when I was five years old. She said she had good friends there. I met the Queen of Atlantis when I traveled there. I remember her being beautiful. I remember the whole city beautiful. I don't remember it like this.

I put on a water breathing mask along with Steve. After, I opened up the hatch on the top of the submarine and went outside in the water. Steve was going to follow me but had to talk to Alfred first.

"Pennyworth, watch the sub." Steve commanded.

"What?! No way! I'm not letting you go alone with Diana!" Alfred replied, "And it's Mr. Pennyworth to you."

"I don't have time to argue right now." Steve stated.

"Fine. I'll stay. You better not do anything." Alfred commanded.

"I won't." Steve winked.

Steve exited the submarine and swam to me. We were about a hundred feet away from Atlantis so we stopped swimming for a little bit to talk. I felt water slip around my skin.

"Why do you do what you do?" I asked, "Why do you fight in the face of war, knowing you are like any other man? Why not let someone else fight? It doesn't have to be you Steve."

"When I was young, I always asked my father the same thing. When ever he left on a tour, I was always so worried he'd never come back." Steve replied, "He'd always tell me, he fought in wars because he knew he wasn't bigger than the world but the world needed him. Sure, you could have someone else go but why let someone else decide your possible future? By enrolling in the Military, we save a life who possibly isn't fit for the role.If you let someone else go but you know you could get the job done, what happens if they fail? What happens if they loose their life but you could have gone coming back with your life? We're supposed to be doing the right thing, and saving a life is doing that."

"I never looked at it that way." I replied.

"I'm glad I opened your eyes." Steve said.

We arrived at the city and saw dozens of deceased. I had never seen so much death. A black haired man swam up to mean and Steve. The man was wearing a blue and red leotard with purple scales.

"My name is Orm Marius, ruler of Atlantis." The black haired man said. "Who are you?"

"My name is Princess Diana of Themyscira and this is my friend Colonel Steve Trevor of the U.S. Navy." I stated, "Where is Queen Atlanna?"

"She died in the attack." Orm stated sadly, "She was my mother."

"I'm sorry." Steve said to Orm.

"I must be strong." Orm stated. Orm looked at me, "You are an Amazonian?"

"Yes." I answered.

"We must partner together then and take Ares down." Orm said, "Orin!"

Another man with black and blonde dreadlocks swam up to Orm. The man wore gold and green scale armor with an orange bodysuit. He also held a trident in his hand.

"This is my brother, Arthur Curry." Orm introduced us.

"Pleased to meet you." Arthur greeted.