Not According To Plan

Start from the beginning

"Pet names aren't gay." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Oh, oh right, sorry, our bad." He stumbled stupidly.

-

The next day, Ashton was walking to his class when a group of guys he recognized as Luke's friends from yesterday surrounded him.

"Is this a gang bang?" He asked, taking out his headphones. "Cos I'm sure at least half of you have aids so count me out."

"Luke wants to see you." One said.

"He can get in line." Ashton shrugged, putting one earbud back in. "Especially since I'm not interested in seeing him."

"He wants to see you and he will." The boy said, suddenly taking a harsh hold of Ashton arm.

"Hey!" Ashton snapped, trying to shake him off. "Let go!"

"Drake, don't damage the goods." A voice commanded.

Ashton groaned when Luke stepped into view. "Not you."

Drake let go. "He wasn't cooperating."

"You have henchmen now?" Ashton glared at the blonde.

Luke smiled. "They're just the basketball team."

"Ah basketball, cos God forbid any other sport besides football and soccer be used." Ashton mumbled.

"Let's talk." Luke draped his arm around Ashtons shoulders and started walking away from his group.

"Let's not." Ashton ducked out of Luke's reach. "In fact, let's never talk, ever, to each other, ever again, in the history of ever."

Luke stopped and regarded him.

"Ew, don't look at me." Ashton snapped, holding up his books to block Luke's view.
"Peasant."

"Your silly accent mispronounced 'daddy'."

"We have the same accent- wait what." Ashton lowered his books. "I said this last time and I'll say it again, bye."

He walked away, leaving Luke to stare after him.

When he got to lunch, he angrily slammed his books down on the table, scaring Michael and Calum.

"Jeez, any reason for making my heart pound as fast as when I see shirtless One Direction?" Michael asked.

"Stupid Luke!" Ashton nearly yelled. "He's such a hypocrite!"

"How so?" Calum asked.

"He keeps trying to call me princess and when I wore that pink stuff, he was making sexual innuendos and saying he was 'daddy'," Ashton shook his head. "But when Michael wears pink it's 'gay'."

"I think he likes you." Calum shrugged.

"What?" Michael and Ashton demanded.

"He's a homophobic asshole!" Ashton shouted.

"He's been bullying me for being gay since middle school!" Michael ranted.

"Maybe he just likes Ashton in pink more?" Calum said much more quietly this time.

Ashton shook his head. "The only pink thing I had was that sweater and bow, I stole it from my sister but she never noticed. Speaking of that, do you still want it?" Ashton asked Michael.

He nodded. "Please."

"You can come over to my house tonight and I'll give it to you." Ashton said.

"Okay, thank you." Michael said.

-

Hey ash, it's mikey. I can't come over today, surprise dentist app DX

That's okay, I'll bring it tomorrow at lunch.

Thanks!! ♡

-

"You got the stuff?" Michael whispered to Ashton the next day.

"Yeah, the weed is in my locker." Ashton said, and they got up to retrieve it.

"Thank you so much, you sure your sister won't mind?" Michael asked as Ashton unlocked his locker and handed the pink sweater over.

"Nah, it was too big for her and she stowed it away like last spring." Ashton shrugged. "Besides, you'll look cute in it."

Michal blushed. "Thank you."

"Whoa, what's going on here?"

Both boys hearts' sank when Luke came around the corner.

Luke stopped when he saw them. "You're giving Faggie here your adorable pink shirt?"

"Don't call him that." Ashton snapped. "I will report you."

"But it looks so much better on you." Luke frowned. "Why would you give it away to his kind?"

"Come on Mike, just ignore him. He just wants a reaction out of you." Ashton linked his arm around Michael's and started walking them away.

"That was the first time he's even interated with me in days." Michael said softly as they walked back to the lunch table.

"He hasn't bothered you?" Ashton asked, surprised. "That's great!"

"Not really," Michael shook his head. "It's because he's only interested in you now. When you stop talking with him, he'll go back to harassing me."

Ashton stopped. "Really?"

Michael nodded. "You're his new interest. Sorry about that."

"No...if it'll keep you out of Luke's annoying path, then I'll keep talking to him." Ashton smiled weakly.

"Oh, thank you!" Michael wrapped his arms around Ashton.

"Don't mention it." Ashton smiled. "One thing though,"

"Yeah?"

"I'll probably need to borrow that sweater again later."