I shut him in my bedroom, not wanting Jace to know he was here. I knew that after the amount of forgiveness that he had given me from the last time, there wasn't a way to explain why Tyler was in my room. I needed to fight my own battles, not have Jace solve them all for me.

I walk down the stairs, meeting his eyes.

"Hey, Em" he grins.

"Hey."

"Look I'm sorry."

"It's alright" I cut off his apology, smiling to him. I hug around his waist, resting my head to his heartbeat.

"Are you alright?" He questions. My grip tighter, my body shakier than what it typically was.

"I'm happy to see you" I answer truthfully.

"Bad day?"

"The worst one I've had in a while" I admit.
"Since your accident"

"What's going on?" He whispers gently.

I shrug into the silence, my mind jumping from thought to thought. I wasn't sure if I could kick Tyler out on my own. But I didn't want Jace involved.

My heart beats in my throat as footsteps approach down the stairs. Jaces body grows tense under my hold.

"Jace. How have you been?" Tyler smiles, leaning against the railing with a cocky smirk. His shirt was off his body and in his hands. My face plasters confusion at the sight.

"What the fuck is that doing here?" Jace spits towards me, his eyes not leaving Tyler.

"Jace, he just showed up. I tried to get him to leave but he wouldn't"

"What did it just slip your mind that he was up there when I walked in? I suppose he came shirtless too?"

"Look that's not what it looks like-"

"You cheated on me after all of that? After I forgave you last time? Do you know how hard it was to let that go?"

"Please listen to me"

"I don't want to fucking listen to you, Emily. You're disgusting, I can't believe you'd do it again, with him!"

I look over to Tyler, the same plastic smile attached to Tyler's proud face. He wanted this to happen. To know that Jace wouldn't come back for me, and that I'd be too upset to defend myself.

"I didn't do anything" I yell to him, frustrated.

Jaces voice drops with anger.
"Stay out of my life, Emily. I mean it"

He heads to the door, I stand silent in fear. Not of Tyler. Of loosing him.

"You can't expect much from whores, right Jace?" Tyler calls after him. Speaking so arrogantly that he almost knew Jace would agree and walk out of the door.

Almost.

Jaces body freezes, turning around in anger to Tyler.
"What did you just call her?"

"C'mon man. She's left you for me, twice. Only whores do that"

"You shut your god damn mouth" Jace meets him in the middle, shoving him harshly.

Tyler stumbles back a bit, chuckling under his breath.
"You really dont want to do this" He warns.

"I should have beaten the shit out of you the last time you were stupid enough to sleep with her"

"I'm not the one that forced her on me"

"Shut up"

"Man, you should have seen her today. Wild, sexy. Couldn't get enough of me, the way she gripped to my body as she rode me."

"I said shut up" Jace yells.

My eyes widen, the level of anger wasn't a thing I was used to. Not by him in the least.

"I bet she never does that to you, does she?"

"Tyler you need to leave" I intervene.

"I thought i already told you, no"

"You heard her" Jace mumbles,
"Leave."

Tyler gets in his face, grumbling evilly,
"I don't listen to you. Or nasty tramps like your girlfriend"

Jace doesn't last an instant after the sentence was finished. Kneeing Tyler in the gut and pushing him towards to door.

"Get the fuck out of this house"

Tyler stands at the door, Jace in his face. His voice comes out winded, but playful.
"I'll leave." He states, "But I'll be back. Just in time to get your precious prize on her own again"

He's given one more push out the door. Slamming the wood in his face and locking the lock. Jace turns to look at me, anger still flooding his eyes.

"Thank you, for getting rid of him" my small voice dissolves within the energy of the room.

"Go sit on the couch."

My body moves at an instant to the couch, shocked at the harshness of his words. He wasn't ever one to tell me what to do. Not like this.

He sits on the opposing couch, staring down at the ground before speaking.
"Tell me what happened. The truth. I deserve at least that."

"If I tell you everything, you have to promise that you'll believe me. I don't have any interest in lying to you"

"Fine."

"He came in, uninvited. He kept pushing me around every time I told him to leave. I didn't want him here. I swear."

"Why didnt you tell me he was up there when I got here? You know I would have helped."

"No, you would have jumped to conclusions like you're doing now."

"Well you cant blame me when he walks down from your room without a damn shirt on"

"I don't know why he was shirtless" I admit.

"How am I supposed to believe you after you've done this before. With the same person"

"You can't" My head shakes truthfully,
"But you should. Because that's what happened".

"I don't know Emily, I think I just need some time"

"No, you don't need time. I love you Jace, I'm starting a family with you. I wouldn't risk all of that for anything. You know that."

"Yeah, I know" he sighs, understanding the truth, but finding it hard to accept it.

"I know you hate him. Believe me, I do too. But we don't have a chance if you can't trust me."

"I trust you"