XLIV

"How do we live if we have nothing to live for?"

Young and unbroken, Elara sat with the other padawan's as Master Skywalker gave a meaningful lesson on the ways of the force. It wasn't like his usual boring lectures that always ended with everyone in a snore, it was one of the very few that left everyone in a comfortable daze. These type of lectures made Elara think long and hard about everything she had encountered so far in her life, how difficult events should always remind her that something worse will happen and she should be able to handle it.

Ben too was engaged in the lecture. He sat cross-legged beside Elara and watched his uncle speak. He had just turned eighteen and he was a little too proud of his accomplishment. Surprised? Of course Ben Solo was wearing a medal of pride when he was the first of his uncle's human padawan apprentices to become an actual adult. That made him all the more closer to becoming a Master, in which he did, six months later but that is another story for another time.

"You are all excused." Luke ruffled his growing beard. "Practice is first thing tomorrow morning, don't be late."

Echoes of goodbyes rang against the temple walls until it was silenced by the emptiness of only two people left. Elara and Ben laid in the middle of the training room, flat against the mats, looking at the painted ceiling. They did this a few times after lectures though it hasn't been mentioned yet.

"Do you miss them?" Elara questioned, staring at the ceiling.

"Who?"

"Your family." Elara replied simply, turning her cheek to face the boy she had had a crush on since she was twelve.

"I guess." Ben shrugged. "I have Uncle Luke and you, that's close enough."

Elara smiled, her cheeks turning pink. "I suppose that's true."

"What about you? Do you miss your family?"

"Yeah." Elara sighed. "Every day."

"Forgive me El, but you never mention your sister...why is that?"

Elara's mind raced to a past she had long forgotten. She shook her head and sighed. "We shouldn't talk about her."

The usual calming silence took over and they laid there for awhile longer, saying nothing. Neither felt obliged to, which made the peacefulness all the more beautiful.

"Do you think my father will give me the Falcon?" Bed asked, facing the dazzling girl in front of him.

"Do you think your father wants to be chewed up by a rathar?"

"No."

"There's my answer."

Ben chuckled, pushing himself up on one shoulder. "He'd rather die than give up the Falcon."

"I adore your father." Elara beamed. "Han was in the stories my mother used to tell me as a kid. The rebellion general, the smuggler, the guy who got the princess-"

"I got it." Ben rolled his eyes. "I'm reminded everyday that my parents are heroes."

"Relax Ben." Elara poked at him. "Maybe one day you'll get the princess too and then your children will be reminded everyday of what you've done."

Ben looked up from his pouting position, glancing up at Elara. "I'm not sure the princess wants to go for the bad guy like me and even if she did, I'm pretty sure the princess is a warrior. Those two don't mix, don't you see?"

"I don't think you're a bad guy Ben." Elara promised. "Sure, you and I ditch practice more than we should and you're cocky as hell but you aren't a bad guy."

"I suppose not." He shrugged once more. "Either way, whatever I am and a warrior don't mix."

"Ben, you are everything I want to be." Elara paused for a second, pushing her hair back. "Everything I want to be with."

"Pardon?"

"Nothing! Nothing."

Ben shook his head, knowing he wouldn't get what she had just said out again. "Want to know something embarrassing?"

"Of course I do Ben Solo, why would you even ask?"

"Before I met you, I didn't think I'd ever meet anyone who understands me like you do."

Elara gushed. "That's' what I'm here for."

"You should know that I love you Elara." Though Elara's heart stopped beating, she knew what would come next. "You are my best friend and I should remind you more that you are capable of so much."

"I love you too Ben." Elara smiled shyly, unknowing that he had meant it the exact same way she had.

"Whoa Elara, that sounded sincere." He joked. "Do you like me or something?"

"Pfft, what no?" She cringed mentally.

He sat up. "So I heard their having a firework show tonight...wanna go watch from the roof?"

Elara pushed herself to sit up. "That sounds cool."

"Wait!" Ben quickly snapped. "I have another confession."

"I'm like your diary." Elara snorted.

He wanted to tell her that he felt a strong connection to the dark side. It felt like the right time to do so, he knew that Elara loved him, he knew that he loved her. It was a massive perk to being able to see every detail inside her mind but yet he hid his feelings. He wanted to confront her about the unusual darkness building up inside of him. If only he had done so, a lot of people would've still been alive.

"Well spit it out Ben!"

Instead of speaking, he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her forehead. "I really like the name Isidore."

"Isidore?" Elara laughed. "How is that a confession?"

"Beats me." He forced a laugh. "It sounds powerful."

"It does." Elara agreed. "And dark."

Ben shrugged. "When I was younger, my mother would tell me stories about this Guardian Of The Wronged. Her name was Isidore right? She saved people, had the power of a thousand Sith and Jedi's combined."

"A Gray Jedi?"

Ben nodded his head, indicating yes.

"Was she a myth or an actual legend like your parents?"

Ben sighed. "No one knows."

"Still,I haven't heard of a Gray Jedi since the Clone Wars."

Ben smiled at this, he wrapped a single arm around Elara and began walking towards the roof. "Maybe one day you'll meet one."

And that was the very moment that Bellamy Solo realized that she was special. Not just because her parents are Kylo Ren and Elara Jane...but because she had the power to recall lost memories from the past.

If only she had known sooner...

A/N: OOOH BELLAMYHUH