ⅩⅩⅩⅧ

"I saw that you were perfect and I loved you. Then, I saw you when you weren't perfect and I loved you even more."

Somewhere deep in the past, Elara's mind was clouded with whirlwinds of blurry images. She heard piercing screams, joyous laughs and muttered words but never saw the faces of the victims she passed. She never let go of Anakin's hand as she was transported back to the beginning, back to where it all began.

Four figures were laid out in front of her like a chess board. Leia was washing the dishes in the kitchen while Han, Luke and Ben sat in the living room, pleased with the warmth coming from the small fireplace. Everyone seemed so much younger, so much happier. She went to touch Leia's hand in the soapy water but when Leia did not react to this, she looked at Anakin for an explanation.

"They can't see, touch or hear you." He explained. "This scene has already happened."

"Why have you brought me here?" She questioned, following Leia into the living room.

"I want you to see how Kylo Ren came to be." Anakin sat on the floorboards, crossing his legs. "How his unhealthy obsession started."

"Uncle Luke will you tell me another story again? Please!" A young Ben Solo pleaded, his raven black curls bouncing as he jumped.

"I suppose." Luke nodded, patting the spot beside him. "Come and sit."

Han grunted something but was easily muted when Leia came to sit beside him, placing her head on his shoulder. "Don't tell Ben anything that could give him nightmares."

"Tell me a story about Darth Vader!"

Anakin chuckled, shaking his head. "I wish I could go back and save myself."

"Alright!" Luke nodded, thinking back. "It happened years ago, before you were even born! Darth Vader had tricked your mother and father, sending them straight into a trap! Darth Vader had planned to carbon-freeze your father as a test to see if it would work for me."

Han simply rolled his eyes.

"Watch the way he listens to the story." Anakin pointed out and Elara moved herself to sit beside Ben in his adolescent form.

"I remember the exact words he told me when I was fleeing away from him after he cut off my hand." Luke revealed his robotic hand under his glove. "No, I am your father!"

Ben's eyes widened, even though he had heard that story multiple times before. "Whoa."

Elara smiled slightly at the boys enthusiasm, shortly realizing after that it was for all the wrong reasons.

"He tells that story with pride." Elara looked back at Anakin, only to catch him staring at Luke and Leia. "Anakin?"

"I know." He confirms after not speaking for a moment. "Though I'd understand why he'd want to tell that story with hatred."

"Ben, it's time for bed." Leia spoke up.

"I want to hear another story!" Ben pouted, looking up at Luke to back him up.

Han sighed softly before standing up and picking up Ben. "I'll tell you a story kid."

"Really?" Ben babbled.