ⅩⅩⅩⅣ

"Always do what you feel like is right."

Snoke sat on his mighty concrete chair as he pondered on what to do with Elara Jane. It was clear that even the Supreme Leader was surprised with what Elara was saying. The prophecy had foretold that the one that wields the purple lightsaber will face a decision between the light and the dark, only no one thought she'd pick dark.

"Return her lightsaber." Snoke commanded and Kylo did as told, unhooking it from his belt and handing it to Elara.

It was like a breath of fresh air, she hadn't been without her lightsaber for that long. She weighed it in her hands before tucking it away behind her cloak, looking back at Snoke.

"Elara Jane, Guardian Of The Innocent." Snoke boomed, glaring down at her.

"Yes Supreme Leader?" She looked up at him, terrified that he could see right through her.

"Your first act as a First Order general will be to interrogate the prisoner from Jakku before Ren does."

Elara looked over at Kylo, his mask was covering his delicate face. She waited for him to look at her before she nodded. "I will do as told."

"Very well then." Snoke shook his head. "Show her to the blockade Ren."

Snoke's hologram disappeared into thin air while Elara and Kylo made their way to the prisoner's cell. They said nothing for a long while, neither one of them wanting to destroy the peaceful silence. Elara didn't want to come across as too excited when it came to joining the First Order and Kylo didn't want to come across as too excited that she had done so. Still, he was unsure. How could someone so dedicated to the Jedi and Resistance suddenly drop everything?

"She hasn't woken up yet but you are to be there when she does." Kylo explained.

Elara nodded, as if caring what was to be done. "I hear and I obey."

Kylo smiled underneath his mask. "Find me when you have finished." He then turned on his heel and disappeared down the long corridor.

Elara took in a deep breath before she entered the prison cell. The prisoner was out like a light in the restraint chair, probably dreaming of somewhere far away from here. She didn't look much older than twenty, let alone someone who could be captured by the First Order. The prisoner had a familiar vibe to her but Elara could not put her finger on it, perhaps she had crossed paths with this girl long ago.

When the prisoner had finally dazed conscious, she jumped slightly at Elara towering over her. "Who are you?"

"No one who will hurt you." Elara promised. "I just need answers."

Frightened, the girl replied. "I won't answer to the enemy."

"What's your name?" Elara leant against a wall, deep in thought.

"Rey."

Elara's brown eyes widened all too quickly and she remembered how Leia had told her that Rey was amongst the people with Han, trying to keep the droid safe. "I see."

"What's yours?" Rey questioned quietly, her face grim and cold.

"El." Elara responded flatly, knowing that Rey must of heard of Elara Jane at least once or twice.

"Your face seems too kind for the First Order." Rey struggled out.

"You'd be surprised." She commented. "You travelled with Han Solo, why?"

Rey kept her mouth shut, making Elara's job that much easier. She was glad that the girl wouldn't talk, this meant that she would not have to deliver any information to Kylo.

"You've seen the map to Skywalker?" Elara asked.

Rey's head moved slightly indicating that she had.

"Don't let Ren see it." Elara found herself saying.

"W-what?" Rey gaped.

Elara walked towards Rey, peering over her like a mother would her young. "I'm from the Resistance." Elara turned quickly to make sure no one was listening. "I don't have much time so listen carefully. I have fooled Snoke and Ren into believing that I have joined them but I haven't, I am doing this so I can save my children and possibly many others. You cannot tell Ren about my plan or you and I will both die. Is this understood?"

Rey nodded, her mouth hanging opening. "You're Elara Jane!"

"The one and only." Elara smiled.

Kylo waited for Elara in his room for what seemed like hours. To his own knowledge, she was forcing answers out of the prisoner but in reality, Elara was telling Rey about her adventures as a Jedi. He waited and waited, eventually taking off his mask and throwing it to the side. When Elara had finally ventured into his room, he was watching the stars outside.

"Kylo?" Elara spoke to get his attention.

Kylo looked up and walked towards her, immediately wrapping her into his embrace. "What did you discover?"

Elara looked down at her feet. "Not much."

"She resisted?" Kylo questioned, his face unpleased.

"Kylo, may I remind you that I am dropping my Jedi ways to be with you. Forgive me if I don't immediately turn to reading her thoughts." Elara placed her hand on his cheek. "I did try though."

Torn, Kylo understood. "I get it, it'll take some time."

"She's seen Bellamy and Jude." Elara mentioned and Kylo's face dropped.

To his own surprise, he found himself asking. "Did she say if they are alright?"

"Jude's leg is infected severely." Elara bit her lip. "But Bell is okay."

"She's strong." Kylo smiled shortly before turning his attention back to other things. "Snoke will be pleased to know that you are trying."

Tears suddenly began to threaten to spill and she found herself unable to talk. Faking this was much harder than it seemed. His praise for her was all a lie as she was lying to him as she stood in his arms. Lying to Snoke was one thing but lying to someone she still loved was another. Kylo noticed her change in mood immediately, pressing himself closer to her as if trying to comfort her.

"What is it Elara?" He questioned, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I'm worried for our children." She partially lied.

"I am too." Kylo also was surprised to hear himself say that. "I just want them to be safe."

"I know they are, even if they are on the wrong side." She mentioned quietly, breaking from his embrace and walking towards his bed.

Kylo followed behind her, laying down beside her with a soft expression. He moved himself closer so he could wrap an arm around her, lacing their hands together. He kissed the side of her head before drifting off into his own form asleep, not prepared for what was about to come.

A/N: chicwriterchick made a stunning piece of art for Darkness At Dawn! Everyone should take a look at her books because they are just as amazing as the cover she made!