ⅩⅩⅦ

"The most confusing thing for someone must be when they love another but love power just as much."

"This is General Elara Jane, can anyone hear me?" She spoke through the small transmission device she managed to create after rummaging through an empty control room. "This is General Elara Jane of the Resistance, I am being held hostage on the Finalizer ship of the First Order, does anyone copy?" A few static words responded so Elara began to tweak the device as much as possible. "This is General Elara Jane, can you hear me now?"

"We received your distress call, what is your plan of attack General?" A very strong female voice replied.

"I'm still working on it." She admitted, scratching the back of her head. "Has Poe Dameron successfully made it back to the Resistance base?"

"Affirmative." The women on the other line confirmed. "Are my grandkids alright?"

"Yes-" Elara choked, a massive lump beginning to grow in her throat. "L-Leia?" Completely shell-shocked, Elara scrambled up a few words to complete a sentence. "How did you know?"

"You must of forgotten that the force is strong with everyone in my family, not just Ben and Luke." Elara could hear how broken a certain name sounded coming from Leia's vocals. She felt sorry, heartbroken even.

"I'm sorry I kept it from you, it was for everyone's own good." Elara tried to explain.

"I don't need an apology right now General Jane. What I need is for you to listen to our escape plan for you, can you do that?" Leia questioned, still as demanding as before.

"I have an audience?" Elara's right eyebrow raised up slightly, the ghost of smirk playing on her lips.

"Only the entire Resistance!" That voice belonged to Poe Dameron whom Leia shushed immediately. "Sorry General Organa."

"As I was saying," Leia cleared her throat. "Once you find the whereabouts of your children and parents, there is an escape pod located on the third floor, C block to be exact. Your coordinates should be for the planet Takodana."

"Why Takodana?" Elara muttered, ducking down slightly in case an unwanted guest appeared.

"The BB-8 droid that accompanied you to Jakku is on that planet with not just the map to Luke but Han, Rey and the stormtrooper that helped Poe escape."

Elara blinked, unsure of how to respond. She knew that Han left Leia when Ben turned to the Dark Side but she was confused as to why he was back in action all of a sudden. Was his co-pilot with him? What was his name again...Chewie!

Rey, that name rung multiple bells in her head but she couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe it was for her own good that she couldn't remember but little did she know, Rey was more important than Elara knew.

"Roger that." She whispered. Hearing footsteps. "I'll send another transmission when we escape."

"May the force be with you Elara."

His nerves were beyond saving at this point, completely unfixable. In his building anxiety he constructed elaborate rationalizations for why everything would turn out alright, but still the nagging voice in the back of his mind spoke of nothing but doom ahead. Kylo could feel the perspiration under his arms, soaking darkly into his clothes, announcing his fear. The only calming sensation came from little Bellamy, eating pieces of buttered bread.

She munched for a while longer, her freckled cheeks stretched out. She swallowed her last bite with a pleased sigh and spoke. "Can I see my mother now?"