ⅩⅤ

"Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall."

Only an hour ago the blackness was absolute, but now the mist was visible and silvery. Dawn sent shimmering waves over Coruscant like a timid and quiet ocean, making the entire galaxy seem calm. The haziness of the soon to be day allowed Ben to sneak up the steps like a child's shadow, long forgotten and unknown. Like a sudden applause, Ben hid his face with a helmet, a mask and allows himself to grant his one wish, become more powerful than a Jedi ever could.

This was his last chance to turn back but he wouldn't, his destiny was set in stone and he walked into the temple, ready to slay like a knight would a dragon. He took off his mask in front of the stone statue's of the fallen Jedi and looked up at them. "Forgive me."

"Ben?" Dez questioned, tapping his shoulder. "I didn't think you'd be here so early."

Long gone was he, foolish and weak like his uncle, Kylo Ren stood up and grasped his newly constructed lightsaber. He ignited it, the red reflecting off of his metal suit and he turned to face Dez. Dez stepped back, looking at the blaze of the sinister red. The cracked kyber crystal made Ben's saber even more terrifying as he swung it towards Dez, who blocked it with his own.

"You traitor!" Was the first thing that escaped Dez's mouth as he fought back, his body still tired from the new morning. "How could you do this?"

"How could I do this? Look around you, the Jedi are powerless." Aggressive and trained with new combat tactics, Kylo used the dark side of the force to fling Dez across the room. "Every Jedi must die."

"Do I believe what I'm hearing?" Vega questioned, running down the steps to Dez. "Or have I gone mad?"

"Vega." Kylo breathed, watching the sunny-haired girl try and help Dez up.

"Did I come at the right time?" Vega looked at Kylo, mortified. "Or am I at the right place at the wrong time, waiting for my padawan learner to arrive?"

Kylo picked up his mask, placing it over his head so he could hide his pain and suffering, knowing that their blood would be on his hands in moments time. He walked towards them, dragging his lightsaber against the ground so it would create a streak behind them.

"You're going to kill us." Vega said in disbelief, stumbling away from Kylo with Dez in her arms.

Kylo said nothing, he waited for Vega to draw her lightsaber, giving her a chance to defend herself but she didn't, she just watched him come closer. Kylo was about to thrash his lightsaber into Vega's skull but Dez ignited his and reflected it.

"DEZ NO!" Vega screamed as Dez jolted towards the much more powerful being but with all his wounds, he stopped midway. Crumbling to the ground and letting out an enraged cry.

Kylo towered over him, using one hand to choke Vega Delgado and the other to stab Dez Edel in the heart. He dropped one hand and the sound of Vega's limp body hit the floor while Dez slowly slipped into death. Kylo looked at the statue of Anakin Skywalker. "I will not fail you."

All in the time this was happening, Elara awoke to the stillness of the world around her, the uncomfortable feeling she had in her mind and the loss she was mentally suffering in her heart. He was gone and not in her bed, the world around her was dark and wicked, something terrible had happened. She toppled out of bed in a rush, grabbing her lightsaber on the counter and darting out of her hotel room and down the stairs. From afar, she watched as the Jedi Temple slowly went up in a cloud of ash and smoke. Civilians watched in terror as she fell her knees, that was her home.

Their throats had been cut and they lay like butchered animals in a waste of blood...one corpse, the padawan learner of Vega Delgado, Pai Kino had slipped from his low single bed in his headquarters and lay with his bloodied mouth open, staring at Kylo Ren. He walked over the corpses, pale faced and gone. His kill count? He didn't want to know. Dare he say he regretted anything but the look on the padawan learners' face when they realized they had no chance against his power had completely killed whatever light was left in him.

The younglings, he knew that they'd be hiding and he had to find them. His uncle hadn't made an appearance, the only person to try and stop him were his fellow companions. He walked to the room with the greatest force sensitivity, hunched over and readying himself to kill once more. When the door opened, Palace Fahl stood in front of him with her lightsaber ready, striking his skin immediately. "Run younglings!"

The younglings scurried out as Palace defended them with everything she had ever learnt. She did not know it was Ben, she just knew this person was trying to destroy everything her Master worked so hard to create. Palace kneed him in the stomach in a desperate need to escape but she only banged her knee against armour. Kylo spun around, slamming his lightsaber against Palace's.

"You stand no chance." Kylo spoke, pressing his lightsaber against Palace's skin, burning her. "I have killed Vega, Dez, Lennox, Pai, Cybele and even your own padawan."

Palace screamed as her flesh burnt. Through gritted teeth, she spat. "Who are you? I wish to see my opponent's face when I die."

Kylo drew his lightsaber away from her and as he did, Palace dropped to the ground. Kylo took off his mask slowly, the sound of air escaping and a girl dying echoed.

"Ben." She muttered out, holding onto her bleeding shoulder.

"No." Kylo stabbed his lightsaber into her stomach, meeting her eyes. "It's Kylo Ren."

Elara ran up the steps of the temple, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she ran into the smoking building. She could not believe her eyes as she walked into the dimmed room. She had a hand over her mouth, the other rigidly clutching the white of her robe, her eyelids shut so tightly they began to fidget and shudder from the bullish force, crying silent tears that ran down her cheeks until finally dripped onto the floor with as much a sound as the woman's hushed agony.

Dez and Vega lay on top of each other, Dez's blood soaking Vega's hair. She dared to look beyond anything, instead she just wept. She grasped onto Vega's shirt and pulled them close into her arms, like a mother mourning her children.

"Master Jane?" A tiny voice cried, causing Elara to look up. "Help us."

Elara's eyes met the adolescent pair that belonged to two female younglings, a human and a twi'lek.

"Younglings!" She gasped. "Are there any more of you?"

The human girl shook her head, traumatized. "He killed them all?"

"Who did?" Elara almost yelled, seeking vengeance.

"The man is the mask." The little girls whispered together.

"Tell me your names young ones." Elara offered her hands for them to take.

"Kali." The twi'lek girl whispered, tears running down her flushed cheeks.

"I'm Rey."

Elara took one final glance at her friend's deceased bodies before picking up the two younglings with all her strength and running them outside of the palace. "Do not step foot back in the temple, do you understand me?" Elara looked at the building crowds outside of the temple. "Do you know who Captain Knox is?"

Kali nodded. "He's positioned a block from here."

"Go find him and tell him that General Jane told him to watch you with his life, understand?" Her voice trembled.

"What about you?" Rey whimpered. "He will kill you!"

Elara was not dumb. Elara was no longer blinded. Elara knew better than anyone. "He wouldn't dare."