forty six

i feel like i've lost readers which suck because it's this i've been writing for, like the end of the book is what i've been building everything up for. :) btw, remember this is not the end of the book, it's basically the start.
-

Life is a question. Life is a long and hard progress where you find yourself striving for the answer to that specific question. There's no right or wrongs, but in the end you find yourself standing by the finish line with a decision to make.

It's a simple decision between yes or no, but that doesn't make it easy.

A decision between yes or no involves a 50% chance it's right or wrong. But as said; this decision doesn't involve right or wrongs, it just depends on you being extremely sure on what you want, because this is the only chance you get.

Are you ready to end your life? The answer is either yes or no. You have to choose between yes or no.

Luke chose yes.

**

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"There's no turning back"

"You'll save lives but you will hurt the same people severely"

"This is the only time you'll be able to do this decision, Luke. If you die, you're dead. That's it"

Ty's words were running through Luke's mind like a river going on for an infinity. Luke felt like the words were nipping on his skin and leaving painful marks after them, making his whole body ache as he was still seated in Ty's office.

Luke had been hesitating with his decision, obviously, but he knew everything was worth doing to make sure Ashton would still live.

Ty had tried to talk him out of it, trying to make sure Luke would just drop it, but they both knew it was better if Luke gave up and ended it all before it went too far. Because, if Luke was to watch Ashton or any of the other guys die in front of his eyes in attempt to keep him safe, he'd never ever forgive himself.

But letting go of his own life to make sure his family and Ashton's family would stay alive felt admirable in some way. He'd rather have one life disappearing than ten.

All he wanted was for Ashton to live on. Maybe that wasn't understandable for most people out there, but for Luke it was the obvious choice.

Luke would never get used to living like this. He would never get used to having his life threatened every day for his whole life. He would never get used to holding a gun, he would never get used to pulling the trigger.

Luke didn't fit in a world like this; never has, never will. He just wanted out of it and as many times as he had begged Ashton to help him do that, he always got the same answer; "That's not possible, Luke. When you find a way in, there's no way out"

But Luke wanted out, so so badly, and he figured the only way to make that possible was to do as Ty had told him before Luke left his office.

"You'll die, Luke. You'll be a dead man. Forever"

Luke had nodded his head at that, he had agreed to everything Ty had said, every word and every order. Ty had been extremely precise in everything he told Luke, and Luke had been listening with his heart beating loudly in his throat.

With a simple nod of his head and a sigh out of exhaustion, Ty had reached out his hand and handed Luke a phone, making the younger boy reach for it with shaking hands.