thirty

100% lashton, 100% what you've been waiting for
-

"You should go back to the hospital" Luke mumbled into the dark evening air as he and Ashton were seated with their backs against the car on the cliff, looking out over the pretty view.

"No, I shouldn't" Ashton spoke and tightened his hold around Luke to keep the younger boy warm in the chilly night air.

Luke head was leaning against Ashton's shoulder as his blue eyes traced the lines of the view, still feeling so amazed by the pretty skyline.

"Why? You need to go back soon anyway to remove your stitches" Luke said and turned his head to glance up at Ashton.

Ashton wasn't looking down at him though, he was focusing on the dark sky, making the moon reflect in his eyes.

"I have people outside who can do that. I don't need stuck up graduates with certificates and shit to do that for me" Ashton spoke, making Luke sigh.

"I'm sorry about my dad" he said and closed his eyes as he buried his face in Ashton's neck.

"Why?" Ashton asked and moved around a bit, making the slight pain in his stomach get better.

"Because of how he treated you"

"Trust me, angel, that's nothing, and you know it. That's the normal reaction to me. I mean, people are firing bullets at me. I'm used to it, and you should be to" Ashton mumbled as he kept his eyes locked on the moon.

"I don't want to get used to people hating you," Luke sighed and softly ran his fingertips along the seams of Ashton's hoodie, "I don't understand how anyone could hate you"

"I do" Ashton spoke, like if it was nothing. He knew fully well what a horrible human being he was, and there's no denying it. Luke denied it, but Ashton couldn't.

"Do you ever wish that you didn't live like this?" Luke asked quietly as he twirled one of the strings from the hood around his slim finger, "Do you ever wish that your life was normal so you could just walk on the streets without being scared?"

"I'm not scared" Ashton said, making Luke sigh.

"You know what I mean" Luke whispered and pulled his head away from Ashton's shoulder to look up at him. Ashton turned his head and locked his eyes with Luke's, watching the pretty boy intently.

He was so pretty.

"So, do you?" Luke asked again, making Ashton lick his lips and furrow his eyebrows before glancing back at the moon again.

"No, I don't," he soon answered in a honest voice, "I don't know any other lives than this one. I was born into it, so I have never seen a way out. I don't want a way out either, because I don't see myself living without all of this"

Luke bit his lip and kept his eyes on Ashton's face as the older boy was focused on the moon. His face was lit up thanks to the white light from the moon, and Luke thought the sight was soothing, even though their situation wasn't.

"I do wish I hadn't made you a part of it though," Ashton continued and turned to look at Luke again, "I wish I had kept you away so you wouldn't have gotten hurt, but it's too late to fix now"

"Are you saying you regret bringing me into your life?" Luke whispered and held his pretty bottom lip between his teeth.

"Yes," Ashton spoke softly, making Luke's face drop. Ashton shook his head and reached one hand up to place it on Luke's cold cheek, brushing his thumb back and forth soothingly.