twenty one

"Calum Hood, 16 years old male, roughly abused. Heavy concussion, broken nasal bone, jaw in malfunction, broken ribs, and broken wrist in two different places. He's gotten heavy hits to his organs, heavy loss of blood and his pulse is dropping drastically"

"Bring him into emergency surgery. Check for internal bleeding as well as burst organs. Keep a careful eye on his pulse!"

That was it.

That was the last thing Luke heard before the four doctors hurried Calum to the emergency surgery behind the two white doors, and left Luke in pure misery.

The blonde didn't know what to do. He was left seated on one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs in the waiting room and stared at the white doors that Calum had gone through.

Luke's stare was empty, you couldn't read a single thing by it. If he wasn't crying, you would probably have though that Luke was dead himself.

But he wasn't, his body was fully alive, but it felt like his brain and heart had both broken down to their own deaths, and Luke was simply gone. He didn't know what to do, what to say, or where to go.

He was lost.

"Luke?" Michael spoke from beside him, but Luke made no move to show the green-haired boy he was listening, "I'm gonna go and talk to some people and give them some information about Calum. You'll stay here, do you understand me?"

Luke heard Michael's words and he understood them but he had no strength to answer Michael. The silence made the older boy sigh before he stood up and walked away, leaving Luke alone in his misery.

All that was running through Luke's broken mind was Calum, Ashton, Calum, Ashton, Calum, Ashton Ashton Ashton.

Every little inch of his brain was occupied by thinking about Ashton. Luke barely had any thoughts of breathing because he was so stuck on all the confusing thoughts about the love of his life.

Because who was Luke kidding? He loved Ashton. He was the fist boy he had ever felt so much for and feelings just didn't disappear like that, even though Luke wished they did.

Luke had just watched Ashton go over to him, kiss him and hug him seconds after almost killing Calum. Luke was disgusted by the thought of smiling as Ashton had walked over to him. But the fact that most of his tears were because of Ashton and not Calum, made Luke cry even more.

Of course Luke was crying over his best friend. He was so scared and so sad that Calum had been so close to death and is still not safe from it. Luke has no idea how it's going with Calum and the thoughts about what could happen made Luke shiver.

But even if he's sitting in the waiting room in hopes of getting any news on his unconscious best friend in surgery, Luke still thought about Ashton.

He thought about how Ashton could have done that without speaking to him fist. If now whatever Ashton had told him was true, he should have told Luke about it before doing anything to Calum. Luke knew he could have prevented this from happening and they'd all be living now. But the fact that Ashton had gone behind his back and almost killed his best friend made everything inside Luke break into millions of pieces.

Luke regretted how he had acted though. Maybe he had acted correctly, maybe that's how everyone else would have reacted, but Luke was different. Luke was nice and loving and innocent, and he regretted the harsh things that had came out of his mouth.

Luke didn't want to hurt Ashton even though the older boy had done so to him. He never meant to throw a hit to Ashton, because to Luke that was awful. He felt awful, he really did.