Chapter 1

Bright lights and a screech of a car as it hurdled towards are van. I never thought driving home from my from my grandparents was the last time I'd see my parents alive.

***

I slowly rub my eyes , not wanting to wake up but heard noises. I couldn't remember much of the event of the night probably due to the fact my head was pounding. Did I go to a party and get absolutely drunk? I thought to myself. Slowly open my eyes, to find myself in what looks to be the hospital. "She's awake! I hear a nurse yell as another nurse and a doctor come into my room. "Kaitlyn ?" The doctor said examining my head.

"Yea?" I said blinded by a light being shinned in my face

"Do you remember anything of last night?" The doctor said stepping back holding a clip board.

" I remembering getting into a car with my parent and my little sister after leaving my grandparents. Other then that all I know is I ended up here? Speaking of which where is my mom and dad?" I said looking around the room.

"Stop moving , you need to rest your head." the doctor said just about to leave the room. Why did he avoid my question? Did something happen to them. My head starting hurting from all my question. My eyes started to slowly drift shut as I started to fall asleep.

*dream*

"Did you enjoy dinner Kait,"my mom said turning back in the seat of the car looking back at me and my little sister who was only 8 month old. We had adopted her as a new born because the parent were young and couldn't keep her. "Yes, it was nice to see grandma and grandpa."I said smiling. " I can't believe my baby's are both growing up fast." She said tears in her eyes. As my mom turned back around in her seat a a bright light came speeding toward are car. "MOM! DAD!" I screamed as the car came colliding with the front of are van. Pushing the front of are car to the back. Leaving blood everywhere.

***

I jolted up , breathing heavy , tears rolling down my cheeks. I need to see them I need to make sure they were ok. A nurse came running she heard me scream. "Kaitlyn! What's wrong."

"Where are they?" I said in a serious ton. The nurse knew exactly who I was talking about she gulped , " Kaitlyn they didn't make it." She said coming close to comfort me. I didn't even know what to do how could I live but my parents die it wasn't fair. I pushed her away I didn't want anyone to hold me I want mom but no she had to be taken away from me by a stupid driver! Why couldn't It have been a back collision and taken me. I had to much anger balled up inside I couldn't even be sad at the fact they were gone. I screamed into my pillow. The nurses left me alone letting me cool off. But not long after did I get a knock at my door.

With out me even acknowledging they entered anyway. " Kaitlyn ?" A lady in a suit said to me

"Yes? " I said now more confused why a lady like that was her to talk to me in the hospital. I was expecting one of the nurses.

" hi I'm Sarah I'm a social worker.I've come to talk about your sister Paisley well actually daughter. " she said

"Excuse me?" I said puzzled, as of why she said daughter my parents adopted Paisley not me.

"Paisley as well as you survived the car accident." She said

"Well how does that make her my daughter , she's my parents baby , I know there dead that doesn't mean she's my child." I said trying to clear up her confusion.

"Umm , Kaitlyn your parents didn't adopt Paisley according to official documents you did." Sarah spoke quietly.

"What?" Now more confused the ever, how could this happen.

"You see something happened and your parents because of a background check wouldn't be able to adopt the baby for another month or so and since they believed this was perfect for them and couldn't wait. I guess some how you signed papers and they got you to be consider the adopted parent....
Kaitlyn I know it's very hard to understand. Believe it or not, as much as we all don't understand, You have to trust me. unless you want to put Paisley up for adoption or in foster care , she's your child." Sarah said looking very pleased.

I couldn't believe it I have a daughter, my parents are dead and left everything to me. How am I going do this on my own I don't even have a job. I finally looking up at Sarah.

"Can I see her? "