ⅩⅩⅩⅨ

"Family is more important than power. However, a power family is another thing."

What Elara saw before her was enough for her to clamp a hand over her mouth and crouch down on the ground. Her hands shook as she watched, knowing she couldn't do a thing to help her little boy.

Anakin had taken her to see Jude. His left leg was bandaged up and his face was pale. His dark hair was slicked back with sweat and his eyes were tired but Elara wasn't there to put him to bed. A girl, not much older than he was sat beside him, her small hand in his. Her light blonde hair was pulled into two pigtails as she spoke soothingly to him, calming the injured boy down.

"Who is she?" Elara questioned, walking towards Jude's bed.

"She was here long before Jude was." Anakin told her. "She's one of the few children living on the Resistance Base."

Elara desperately wanted to hold her son in her arms, tell him everything will be okay. "I shouldn't have left them." Elara pressed her hand against her head. "I should've left with them."

"You've made them stronger." Anakin reasoned.

"I abandoned them." Elara whispered, watching Jude wince in pain.

The small blonde girl reached over to grab a small container of pain medication. "Here." She handed him a tablet. "It won't take away all the pain but it'll get rid of some."

Unsure, Jude stuck his hand out to receive the tablet. He juggled it in his hand for a second before popping it into his mouth.

"Oh my-" Elara gaped. "He used the force!"

Anakin smiled slightly. "He did."

Jude's face was suddenly washed with relief and he sighed. "When can I see my sister?"

"She's in the room beside us I think." The blonde girl said unsurely. "Med droid said she needed an examination."

"Can we see Bellamy?" Elara looked up at Anakin. "Please?"

Anakin nodded and began to lead the way, walking through a wall into the next room. To her surprise, Bellamy was fine. She was sitting, tall and proud while the med droid took blood samples. An X-Wing pilot was also beside her, having blood drawn from his veins for an unknown reason.

"When this is done, Poe's gonna teach me how to fly." Bellamy beamed, her legs swinging back and forth over the edge. "I'm gonna become the best pilot in the entire Resistance, in fact, the entire galaxy!"

"Girl's don't pilot." The X-Wing pilot chuckled.

Bellamy's head snapped up at the pilot. "Yes they do! My mom was the best pilot at her academy."

"What academy was that?" The pilot scoffed.

Elara's eyebrows furrowed and if she was there, she would've punched him by now. "He's got the brain of a tauntaun!"

"A Jedi academy." Bellamy shot back, smiling innocently.

"Huh?" The pilot blinked. "You are Elara Jane's kid?"

Bellamy nodded, grinning proudly.

"I was expecting something a little more...superior. You just seem like every other brat I've come across." The pilot retorted. "Listen here kid, girls are good at giving orders so why don't you stick to being a general or maybe a princess."

Bellamy squinted her eyes, her freckled cheeks turning red. "Take that back."

"I'm not going to listen to a kid."