Chapter 17

Ben POV
"no. I'm just really tired. Didn't sleep well at all." I lie to Denis.
God I hate lying to him.
I don't want to lie to him.
But I can't tell the truth either.
That fucking guy, Jonny, reminded me of Andrew. They look exactly the same.
I tried to keep it cool, to not be shocked but I guess I failed. I tried to not let that bastard drag me down, it's been so much time since I last saw him and I still can't get over what happened, what he did to me.
The first few years after breaking up with him and moving back to England I used to get reminded of him randomly.
Danny used to help me on these days, he cheered me up, made me forget Andrew.
But it's been years, a decade since I last saw him and years since something like that happened. I thought it was over, I thought I wouldn't ever have to live this kind of day again.
I was wrong. Here it is. Here it is, this kind of day. Danny isn't here to cheer me up, Danny isn't there for anything anymore and I can't tell Denis. I'll just have to deal with it on my own.

Denis looks suspicious.
Did he notice that I lied?
If so he didn't say anything.
I hope he didn't notice.
When he gets up and starts washing the dishes I have more time to think, wether I want it or not.
He will have to leave. We both need to pack our bags and we'll have to sleep separately tonight.
"I don't want you to go, hottie" I burst out surprising myself and Denis, who is now cleaning the kitchen.
I'd started calling him hottie and I kinda like it. I think it fits him.
Denis stares at me sadly for a moment and stops moving before answering "I don't wanna go either" and continuing with cleaning the kitchen.
Once he finishes I walk over to him, stopping right in front of him and rest my arms on his shoulders, locking my hands behind his neck, looking into his beautiful brown eyes and slowly lean forward to kiss him.
It is a sweet kiss, a soft one. I already claimed him and I want to save this feeling, the feeling of Denis lips on mine. I don't want to ever forget it, I don't want this feeling to fade, I want to keep it for the whole day, the whole night, until I see him again and am able to do this again.