Prologue

Ben's POV
The tour had just finished, we had just arrived home a few days ago, of course that didn't mean I wouldn't see my best friends for the next few weeks.

I didn't want to deal with those papers alone, those evil papers. Even though it was me who mentioned it, who brought up the idea, we both knew divorce would just be the right thing. But that it is the right thing doesn't mean I'm happy with it.
I loved Sam. I really loved her. But it wasn't the same anymore. It just didn't feel right, with her I felt like something was missing, like I was supposed to do something different and I didn't even think that I still loved her.
So this all led to me sitting here with those evil papers in front of me, Denis sitting next to me, unsure what to say.
"Mate this is so weird..." I heard myself telling him.
"You know this is for the best,  you told me though..." Denis answered me, trying to make this easier for me "... Just sign it and it's over" he smiled sadly and looked at me.
"it's been over long ago" was all I could get out as I signed the document. Denis didn't say anything as an answer so I just got up and slowly walked to my couch as someone, Denis, tugged at my arm. Wondering what he's going to say I turned to him with a questioning look on my face but he didn't say anything, like I expected him to, he just hugged me.
"I know" he suddenly said softly, after all answering the choked words I said before getting up.
We just stood there, hugging, for a few minutes before I got back to reality and thanked him because I really needed this hug.
I became aware how quiet it was in my apartment the second he pulled away. I also became aware that he was staring right into my eyes, and of course I just stared back. My gaze slowly drifted downwards, taking in his whole face, beautiful face, finally resting at his lips before looking right back into his eyes, his big, round, brown eyes.
I just lost myself in his perfect eyes and before I knew what was happening I felt his lips against mine.
At first I just froze in shock because I didn't really know what was happening, then, still not processing what was happening, I let go of everything and just kissed him back.
When the realisation of what was happening literally crashes into my head I instantly pulled back from Denis.
"What's happening?" I asked him whispering, still feeling slightly dizzy from the kiss and everything that was happening so fast.
I saw a small smile on his lips growing bigger and bigger until it became the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face, before he slowly whispered back "you tell me"
Since I had no answer for that one I just kissed him. Slowly at first, teasing him, making him want more before I put all my passion, all my emotions in this kiss.
Up to this point I simply stopped thinking, not that I could've thought anything during this kiss, ignoring everything other than mine and Denis' mouth, not even noticing my own arms on Denis' hips pulling him even closer or Denis' hands tangled in my curly, messy hair.
As Denis' kisses slowly traveled to my jaw I heard a noise that pulled me back into reality. First I didn't recognise the sound, but as my brain slowly started to work again after Denis pulled away, I was able to tell that it was the doorbell ringing. And that reminded me about the things we, Denis and I, are supposed to do.
"Bloody hell" I muttered walking to the door, pissed off of the thought that we had to actually be somewhere with other people even though these 'other people' were my best friends, my band mates, my family, I didn't want to be around them right now.
But we planned to get something to eat together, so I have to go. We, Denis and me have to go.
Sam and James are picking us up, we were supposed to meet Cam there and because we already made that plan I wasn't surprised that Sam is standing there as I opened the apartment door.
"Sam's here" I then shouted towards Denis so he would know we had to leave.
Sam and me didn't have to wait a long time for him until we walked down and got in James' car, Sam sat in the front, Denis and me in the back.
About five or ten minutes later, neither me nor Denis had said a single word, Sam asked why we, especially me, were so quiet.
"I signed the papers right before you came" was the only explanation needed.
Because I know this kiss with Denis was another reason I kept my mouth shut, I looked over to Denis, smiling a little bit.
Of course he knew what I was implying and his face got deep red.
Cute I thought to myself and the next thing I noticed is a loud crash, before everything went black.