Where it all went wrong

"Why are you acting so nervous?" I asked curiously as George sat in the taxi shaking and twiddling his thumbs.

"I'm- I'm not" he said clearly nervous about something. What was going on? I was sitting in the taxi with Georges shaky arm securely around my shoulder and his thumb rubbing up and down on my bare arm. It just made me realise how much more I loved George than I thought I did.

"G, where are we going?" I asked him, tilting my head up so I was looking into his eyes.

"Somewhere you'll like" he smiled placing a kiss on my forehead. We stayed silent for the rest of the car journey. The car turned off down a road and George turned to me.

"Ok Lou from here on I need to put a blindfold on you, ok?" He said randomly.

"Um ok G" I said unsurely as he placed the soft velvet blindfold over my eyes and tied it in a tight, but not to tight knot and then the car started driving again. After about 5 minuets the car stopped.

"We're here" George whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I heard the car door open and then felt Georges warmth leave my side.

"George?" I was confused, thinking he'd left me.

"Lou I'm here" he chuckled "ok take my hand and step out the car" he instructed me. I reached out until my hand made contact with his. I then felt around with my feet until they found the ground and shakily stood up, catching my balance. Georges arm slipped around my waist and he started leading me forward. We walked through a couple of doors and into a lift.

"What's going on G? What are you up to?" I giggled.

"You'll find out soon enough" he giggled but I could hear the nervousness in his voice. The lift pinged and we stepped out. I could tell we were now outside, I could smell the fresh air.

"You ready?" George whispered In my ear huskily. I just nodded my head in reply. I felt the knot loosen before the blindfold fell to the ground. I blinked my eyes to clear my vision. My jaw dropped. I don't deserve this, I don't deserve him.

In front of me were loads of tea light candles all over the floor on the roof of this building. There was a gap through all the tea lights acting as a little path and at the end of the path was a table set to dine. A tall wax candle in the middle of the table and rose petals scattered around the plates of food.

"Do you like it?" George grinned knowing from my faces reaction that I did.

"I... You... I- I'm speechless George this is so beautiful" I smiled.

"Well it's all for you" he smiled kissing cheek and taking my hand, leading me down the little path towards the table. He pulled out the chair for me to sit on. Aw what a gentlemen. All this stuff he is doing for me, trying so hard to keep me happy and I just go behind his back. What is wrong with me?!

"You alright?" George asked. He was now sitting in the seat opposite me.

"Everything's perfect" I smiled. I hate lying to him.

"Good" he smiled reaching for my hand over the table. "Well I did this all for a reason Lou" he paused. I let him have a moment of silence to gather his words before he continued. "I- you obviously know how much I love you, and how much you mean to me. I never ever want loose you- you know that right?" He pauses again and I shook my head, feeling sick. I'm such a bitch. "And I remember when I first met you at the hotel check in and you were being a proper bitch to me" he laughed and so did I, a tear started rolling down my cheek. "But even though you were being a bitch I knew we would be friends at some point and I secretly hoped more" he stopped and looked at our hands intertwined and a massive grin spread across his face. He released on of his hands from mine and reached into his pocket. He revealed a black box.