Sweet Evening

Dana’s POV

We spent the whole afternoon playing on the beach side. Running, chasing, singing, laughing and playing. We feel like kids. We swam in the water as well and got some shells that we carried ashore and we threw back to the waters where it belongs. The evening fell and so Harry and I decided to cook dinner together.

“What do you want?” he asked. I walked right to him, carrying bowl of ingredients for Caesar salad. He looked to me and I laughed.

“Why, you don’t like?” I asked.

“Are you craving?” he asked. I laughed. I placed the bowl in the counter.

“I am,” I answered then I wrapped my hands around his waist as he looked to me. “But, I am not pregnant okay? I just have cravings sometimes,” I added. “And it was my first time so it’s impossible that I am pregnant,” He smiled.

“I know,” he said then kissed me on my forehead. “I was just kind of excited really to have kids. Like, I will cook for you and the baby every day,”

“Sounds exciting,” I said with a huge smile. “I’m going to get fat!”

“You will but then you still will be my one and only,” he said sweetly and kissed my forehead. “Okay, what do you want to eat?”

“I want Caesar salad and pasta,” I demanded.

“Sounds a good choice,” he said. Then he opened the cabinet above him and took out a bag of pasta and tomato sauce.

“I’ll make the Caesar salad,” I said then took out the lettuce from the bowl and grabbed the other ingredients in the counter.

“That looks yummy,” Harry said as he started to boil water for the pasta.

“I hope. I am not a good cook as you babe,” I told him.

“That’s fine,” He said. “At least you could try,”

“And that is what I am trying to do right now,” I said as I washed the huge lettuce in the sink. Then I watched Harry turn the radio on. The music is Stole My Heart. Then he started to sing the chorus. I smiled as I placed the other ingredients in the bowl.

Under the lights tonight … You turned around,

 and you stole my heart…

With just one look, when I saw your face…

I fell in love

It took a minute girl to steal my heart tonight … With just one look, yeah

Been waiting for a girl like you...”

I listened to him as he was cooking the pasta sauce in a pan. He was swaying his body with the music and I chuckled. Can’t believe Harry is dancing.

“What are you chuckling at?” he asked to me. I blushed.

“No-nothing,” I answered in stutter. I tried to hide the blush because he could tell easily that I am blushing.

“You think I can’t dance?” he asked.

“No,” I answered right away,” I never saw you dance,”

“Oh,” he said then he chuckled.  “How about during the reception?”

“Of course,” I said, “But then, you dance different from that time than this,” I explained as I mixed the ingredients. He went back into cooking the sauce then I heard the bridge part of the song came. Then I felt Harry pull me and wrapped his hands around me.