Chapter 83: The Last Time

(Listen to song while reading)
The two ex-friends fought.

One stood on a giant wood statue with sage mode activated.

His long hair moved through the wind.

The other stood on a giant fox with his Susanoo activated over it.

He had his Mangekyou Sharingan activated.

His long spiky hair also moved in the wind.

Their hearts and soul fell into darkness.
All their minds could think of was killing one another.

"MADARA!!!"
"HASHIRAMA!!!"

They growled as they attacked each other.

Kill, kill, kill...

That's all they thought.

Madara couldn't remember of all the good moments he had.

Meeting Hashirama, Yoshima, falling in love, getting married, having children...

All the good, left his mind...

Hashirama had his mind set to ending his friends life.

If Madara destroys the village, his family dies.

He wouldn't let that happen.

Hashirama managed to destroy Madara's Susanoo and gain control of the giant fox that Madara was controlling.

The two were on the ground doing hand to hand combat.

As it started to rain.

They jumped away from each other.

"This time...  You won't get to the other side."  Madara smirked to the man he once called his best friend as they lunged at each other.

Madara cut Hashirama and he slid in the water.

"I'm the one standing...  The opposite of last time..."  Madara said turning to Hashirama who was struggling to get up.

"..I want to protect our dream...  Now that we finally reached it.  I'm not going to-"
"You seem quite depressed Hashirama.  It looks like this time you can't turn upon me..."

The two friends dropped their weapons and lunged at each other.

Madara's right arm reached out to attack Hashirama's chest, as Hashirama's right arm reached out to attack Madara's chest.

The two men smiled satisfied.

The feeling that the other must be dead, but their eyes slowly widened realizing where their hands entered.

"YOSHIMA!" They both yelled looking at the woman between them.

Yoshima smiled at Madara as blood left her lips.

She knew she was gonna die trying to stop these two from fighting.

"Yoshima... No.  No.  No." Madara panicked looking at his hand where her heart once was.

"Yoshima...  You won't die." Hashirama said panicking looking at his hand in her back.

"I'm not going to make it." Yoshima smiled laughing a bit.

"I promised Kuro and Yuki I'd return...  B-But-  I couldn't keep the promise."
"Your seal!  Activate it!" Madara said and Yoshima looked down smiling softly.
"It's too late for that.  Kuro wants you home...  Please return home, M-Madara..."

"I want you two... To get along...  Again..."  Yoshima said.
"This isn't...  Gonna be like those other times...  This is the last time." 

"Goodbye...  I love you two..." A tear slipped out of her eye as she released her last breath.

Hashirama pulled his arm out of his sister's back.

He jumped back as her body fell back into the shallow waters.

Hashirama couldn't believe that she was dead.

Madara broke into tears.

He killed her.
Her heart was in his hand...
He destroyed it.

He watched his dead wife lay in the water.

Regret filled him.
Kuro and Yuki would be alone.

All Madara could think of was what if...

What if he didn't leave?

Would it have been a better outcome?

Blood slowly dripped out of Madara's mouth.

He looked down to see a katana through his chest.

"How could you get my back...?"
"No matter what happens...  I'll protect our... No.. My village.  I still believe that protecting the village is the best way to protect people, Shinobi, and children.  Anyone who tries to harm it, whether that are my friends, siblings or my own children, I won't forgive them."  Hashirama growled fighting his tears.
"...You've changed Hashirama..." Madara kneeled in front of his dead wife.

"You are mistaking the cause for the end...  One day, that will become darkness...  And envelop the village.."

Madara dropped beside his dead wife and stared at her dead body as his eyes slowly closed.

Hashirama dropped to his knees tearing up watching his dead sister and ex friend.