Chapter 25: Pain and Sorrow

Yoshima's P.O.V

"Your father is doing all he can to protect you in this war and you want fight!?  Yoshima, you are the future of the Senju!"

My head hurts.

"Yoshima!!"

Mother...

"You have been injured badly! Don't even think about about leaving the house today!"

You scolded me.

"Your healing skills are getting better Yoshima..."

You taught me.

"You know water style, earth style, and you even know how to heal.. You are quiet a prodigy.."

You complimented me.

"If Tobirama got injured, what will happen to you, Yoshima?!"

You cared for me.

"It's call the Strength of a Hundred Seal.  You will have outstanding powers from it."

You wanted to make me strong.

"Now that you are being sent on the battlefield gives me more than a reason to go."

You wanted to protect me.

"Whatever happens out there, I want you to make sure you live on. Marry someone you really love. Give me some grandkids, at least three. Live on until you get old and wrinkly. I love you Yoshima."

"Mother!!!"  I shot up awake.

"Yoshima!"  Hashirama and Tobirama yelled.. They were beside me.

My head started to pound, "Was it a bad dream?"
"What?" Tobirama asked.
"Is mother alive?!"  I yelled and Tobirama frowned.
Hashirama clutched his pants and started to tremble.
"No.."  I got up and ran out of the room.

I went to mother's room, it was empty..
"No!"

I ran to father's office.

"Father!" I saw him looking out the window.. He didn't turn back to me.

I dropped to my knees and started to cry.

"Why, why did this have to happen?!" I cried.

"I should've listened more, I shouldn't have never left the house, I shouldn't have become a Shinobi!" I yelled.
"Yoshima!" Father yelled.

"Don't say all those things Yoshima!" He yelled.

"Your mother was a brave woman... She cared for you deeply..."  He said.

"If you didn't disobey, you wouldn't be the girl you are today..."  He said.
"If I didn't disobey, maybe mother would be alive..."
"Please stop sobbing...  Yoshima, sooner or later I'll die too..  We are at war..  Anyone can die at any moment.  Your mother died a warrior.."  He said.

"Yoshima, do you know who killed her?" He asked.
I clutched my fist, "It was Madara...  Madara Uchiha..  He came last night..  When I saw him it was too late.  He's different.  His Sharingan." I said and father gasped.
"He must've gotten his Mangekyou Sharingan..."
"..What's that?"
"It doesn't matter at the moment."

"If you wonder where she is, I got her buried earlier.." He said.

Madara's P.O.V

I'm a monster?

My mother was killed too!

How Yoshima was last night.  I really hurt her.

"Madara!" I turned around to see Shizuko.

"You killed...  You killed Iwa Senju?" She asked and I slowly nodded.

She hugged me, "You changed for the better..." She said smiling as tears spilled from her eyes.

I wiped them.

"You are a monster Madara! You have been consumed by evil!"

I jumped back, "Did you say something?"

I thought I just saw Yoshima.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing..."  What's going on?

She grabbed onto my shirt, "What's wrong?!"

"Were you forced to kill her?"

"No!  Stay away!"  I said pushing her, and her eyes widened.

"What's wrong with you?!"

"I need to go to my room."  I ran.

What's happening?!

Yoshima's P.O.V

I stared at my mother's grave as tears fell.

"I'm sorry Mother!  It's my fault.  If I didn't meet Madara, if I didn't become a Shinobi, if I obeyed everything you said..  you would probably be alive today." 

"No matter what anyone says, I can't get over the fact it's my fault!  I should've died last night, not you!" I yelled crying.

"Ugh!  I'm so pathetic and weak!" 

"Idiot!"  I felt someone hit my head.

"Ow!" I said rubbing my head.

I turned to see Tobirama and Hashirama.

"Stop crying!  Stop making us all sad!" Tobirama said frowning.

"Yoshima, it's not your fault."  Hashirama said kneeling beside me with a light smile.

"Let's go somewhere else."  Tobirama said.

***

We sat on tree branches.

"Madara, killed mother."  Tobirama said gritting his teeth.

"We must kill him."

"Tobirama, I'm really hurt by the death of our mother, but it's best we reach an agreement instead of killing."  Hashirama said.

I looked down at the ground and my vision got blurry.

"The clan can't let off the Uchiha!  They invaded our home and killed our mother!"

"Tobirama!  Madara lost his mother too!  He's probably feeling pain too!"

"B-But, our pain will always be different Hashirama." I said.

"Hm?"

"Madara was a friend, remember?  The kid that was once so caring, has turned cold blooded.  He killed mother and he wasn't forced to.  Not only that, he turned his back on us."  I said as tears streamed down my face.

"Yoshima..." Hashirama said softly.

I sensed someone next to me, I wiped my tears to see Tobirama.

"You won't stop crying...  Will you?" He said frowning.

Just then Tobirama pulled me into a hug.

"Cry as much as you want to.  Cry until you have no more tears.  Leave your pain and tears here.  You must overcome this obstacle to become stronger.  You are Yoshima Senju, you are a Shinobi!" Tobirama yelled and I felt tears spill from my eyes.

"Tobirama..." I heard Hashirama say.

*Sniff, Sniff*

I looked up to see tears streaming down Tobirama's face.  I never thought of how broken he would be.