Chapter 65: The Wrecked Village

Madara's P.O.V

"What's your name old man?" The boy named Aoi asked.
"Madara." I said staring at the boy.

"Well hello Madara. I'm Kaede. This is my son Aoi and daughter Ayano." The man said.
"Nice to meet you. How old are you two?" I asked the little kids.
"I'm 13." Aoi stated.
"I'm 11!" Ayano said in a cheerful tone.

"Where's your mother?" They all went silent and Aoi left the room.
"Aoi...  Gets really upset when this topic comes up Madara." Ayano said with a sad look.

She quickly left after that.

"You do deserve an explanation to all of this." Kaede sat in front of me.

"I'll tell you everything you need to know, and anything you want to know."
"What happened to your wife and son?" I said remembering what the man said earlier.

He gave me a sadden look.

"Before I tell you, I must explain how this village has became so wrecked."

Yoshima's P.O.V

I slowly woke up.
I was hoping it'd be a dream, but Madara isn't beside me.  He isn't hugging me like he usually does.  This futon feels cold and empty without him.

"Come back soon please..." I said continuously thinking about him.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

"Madara..." I slowly drifted back to sleep.

Kuro's cry broke the silence and I slowly got up.

I went to his crib and picked him.

I rocked him, but he wouldn't sleep.
So I went to get his bottle...
He refused to eat.

"You miss your father too, huh?" I said as he continued to cry.

"Well let's go visit Mito."

Madara's P.O.V

"This village was so full of life once.  The children would run and play.  Everyone would be out enjoying their day until one day...  A group of Shinobi came and terrorized the city.  Their power was greater than ours.  They ended up taking most of our resources causing our population to decrease.  And if we can't make money for them, they'd kill us." Kaede said with a saddened look.
"Is that what happened to your wife and son?"  I asked and he started to tremble.
"One day...  We didn't have much money to spare.  They came and... And..."
"Don't force yourself if it's too painful." I said.
"No.  I must say it."

"They saw my wife...  They said they'd kill me or take my wife to pay for the money we didn't have.  My wife willingly went.  I tried to stop her but I couldn't...  Then the next week...  She came back with bruises, she looked worn out.  She was crying, but they wouldn't allow her to come to me.  I then realized she was raped.  She cried I love you.  To us and they beheaded her right in front of our eyes."  The man said.

If that happened to Yoshima, I'd lose myself.  I'd go on a rampage.

"How did you cope?" I managed to say.
"My youngest son Aiko, was 5 while Ayano was 4, and Aoi was 6.  I couldn't be weak in front of my children.  All I could say was everything is going to be alright.  They were too young to understand, excluding Aoi... His eyes are the same as that day.  I have a hard time remembering when he last had a real smile." Kaede said.
"Wait... Where's Aiko?" I asked feeling a lump in my throat forming.
"Aiko...  While we were all suffering, The little 8 year old boy insisted we ate his food.  He gave us a smile, he said he'd be ok.  I refused and begged him to eat, but that little boy kept that smile on his face and told me, 'Everything's going to be alright father...' He said and I trembled taking some of his share of food.  When he went to Aoi, he immediately refused..  Aiko's adorable and sweet words convinced Aoi to take his share.  Aiko told Aoi how he wanted him to be stronger to protect us all.  We all ate pleasantly while he didn't eat at all.   He passed away that night.  All Aoi does is try to practice fighting.  He wants to protect us all.  He doesn't want to lose anyone else."

"Izuna..." I gasped as a tears ran down my cheek.  The relationship between Aoi and Aiko reminded me of Izuna and I.
"Who?"
"I had many brother's actually.  The one that lived the longest was named Izuna.  I tried to protect him, but I couldn't.  I also had a sister.  My parents were killed..  I'm kinda in the same boat with you guys." I said scratching the back of my head and the man's eyes widened.
"You've got it worse!  I'm so sorry!" He said in a worried tone.
"Please don't worry about me.  I'm 22, married, I have a boy that is one month old and another child on the way.  Also I have friends that helped me get through it." I said and his eyes widened.
"Where's your wife?"
"Back home."
"Shouldn't you be with her?  She's pregnant."
"I-I needed time away..."
"Relationship issues."
"Well not with her..  Her brothers..."
"I see."