Basketball Rivals

Maya's POV

I have been waiting all summer to be back on the court. The day went extremely slow. Now here I am, doing warm up shots. Riley is sitting on the bleachers watching me. The game starts in ten minutes.

"Maya!" Auggie yelled. He ran towards me and I scooped him up in my arms.

"How you doing little man?"

"I'm good, I can't wait to see you play." Auggie giggled.

"Yeah, the basketball games are always fun. Let's go get you some candy real fast." I put Auggie down and went to the concession stand.

"Alright what do you like Aug?"

"I like chocolate." I got him some candy.

"Alright let's go find Riley and your parents. The game is about to start." We walked back to the gym and found Riley and their parents.

"Share your candy with your sister."

"I can't make any promises." He stated. I smiled at Riley and went back on the court. The game was about to begin. We were in our huddle.

"Alright girls, you have been working so hard. I know that you guys are gonna win. So let's do this." Coach yelled. Four other girls and I went to the middle of the court. The other team's five starters came out to.

"Hey Hart, ready to lose." Here we go. Brittnay. She use to go to school here. When basketball tryouts started we went up against each other. I made it, she didn't. She moved, and it ended up being our school's rival. Every time we play, she gets all big headed.

"Nah. But you better be ready." We got the ball first. I was matched with Brittany. She blocked me so I was unable to get the ball. The ball was turned over and we all went running down the other side of the court. I caught the rebound and went down the court. Score. Soon it was half time we were tied up 36-36.

"Hey Brittany you getting tired yet?"

"No, what about you?"

"Nah, I'm good." We started again. This time Brittany was more aggressive. The ball was coming towards me. I got it and was pushed down. I smacked my head against the floor. Ow my head. I was crowded by the coach and other team mates.

"Hart are you alright?" Coach asked. I put my hands on my head.

"No, my head, it hurts." I was pulled up, and was took to the nurse.

"Rough game out there?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah you bet."

"Well, I think you need to rest for awhile. You did get a concussion. So to prevent further damage, you can't play till December."

"What!? You gotta be kidding me."

"Maya you better listen ok. If you don't listen, you can worsen the concussion and never play any sport ever again. You just need to rest." I layed down on the small lounge.

"Maya you ok?" I looked and seen Riley.

"Yeah I'm fine." She came and sat by me. She played with my hair.

"Is everything going to be alright, you hit your head pretty hard?" Riley asked.

"It's all going to be good, I just can't play for awhile."

"Maya can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"That girl out there, she was being rough. Do you guys know each other?"

"Yup. It's like that every game when we play them. She hates me, just because back ago I made the basketball team and she didn't." Riley smiled down at me. She kissed my forehead.

"Want to go watch the rest of the game?" Riley asked. I nodded my head. We went and sat with her family. Brittany kept eyeing me the rest of the game. I went and congratulated my team for winning.

"Good game Hart. Such a shame you couldn't stay though."

"Brittany I don't care." Riley came up and hugged my arm.

"Oh this is my-"

"I'm Riley, Maya's girlfriend." Riley interrupted. Brittany looked at Riley, then me and laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"This is what you call a girlfriend?" Riley was taken back by the comment.

"That was rude to say. How could you say that?"

"I've seen the girls you talked to. I know you could get someone better than her. Riley, she's gonna get board with ya." I was furious.

"You know you want a piece of this." Brittany said while gesturing to herself.

"I'm sure I don't want anything you're giving, because I love Riley." It slipped. I turned and looked at Riley.

"You love me?" Riley asked.

"More than anything."

"Barf! I'm out of here." Brittany said. I pulled Riley into a hug.

"I love you."

"I love you too Maya." 

AWW!!! Should I update my new story or nah?

~Jarzarmax~