Cute Couple?

Riley's POV

I just finished getting some things to go to Maya's. We were driving to her house.

"Just so you know, my house isn't the greatest. But at least my mom is trying to keep a roof over my head." Maya chuckled.

"That's ok, some people can't get the best of everything." We pulled up to her house. It wasn't bad, it was like a cozy little home.

"I'm going to take your bag in and we are going to the movies, so think of a movie you want to see." She smiled. She got out of the car and went in the house. I couldn't think of any movies, I'll just let her pick. She came back and got into the car.

"Thought of a movie you want to see? Maya asked.

"You pick, I'm sure you'll pick a great movie." We pulled into the parking lot of the movie theater. As expected it was packed. We got our tickets and went to get drinks and snacks.

"What do you want?"

"Popcorn and a water is fine for me."

"I'll get you whatever you want, don't bother me any." Maya said.

"That's all." The guy at the counter looked our age. He waited for Maya to order.

"I'll get a large popcorn and two water bottles." He put it into the machine.

"How much will that be?" Maya questioned.

"On the house, you guys look like a really cute couple. Have fun, I'll save you just a little bit of money." He smiled.

"No that's ok-" he cut Maya off.

"On the house." We got the popcorn and water and thanked him.

"That was sweet of him."

"Ya it was, girlfriend?" Maya joked.

"I wonder why he thought that?"

"I don't know." Maya said.

"I would never get anyone as good as you."

"I'm sure you will, you'll find someone way better than me. I know for sure." Maya smiled.

"I don't think so." The movie was really good. We got back to her house and we were both really tired.

"There's the bed, I'll sleep on the floor." Maya offered.

"Maya the bed is big enough for the both of us, why have you sleep on the floor?"

"If it's alright with you, I want you to be comfortable as possible."

"It's fine." We laid in bed both looking up at the ceiling.

"So do you know what you want to do after high school?" Maya questioned. She turned so she was facing me, propped up on her elbow. I did the same.

"No, when I try to think about it it makes me second guess myself."

"You shouldn't, you'll find something you're great at."

"What about you?"

"Not really sure, I hope I can get a college scholarship. I want to make my mom proud, and help her. She has went through tough times being a single mother." Maya replied.

"You'll get it, I'm sure you are great, any college would be lucky to have you."

"Thanks." We both drifted to sleep.

I wonder if Riley and Maya get this all the time?

~Jarzarmax~