Let's Roll

Riley's POV

I woke up and did my morning schedule.

"Morning mom, dad."

"Morning honey, you excited for your second day of school?" Mom asked.

"Of course I am." I lied, and gave her my best fake smile. I sat down and started to eat my cereal. The doorbell rang. My dad answered it.

"Riley it's Maya, she's offering you a ride to school." Dad said. I turned to look and seen Maya in the doorway. She waved to me.

"Um, ya just let me go brush my teeth." I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I stood by the door and was able to hear the conversation.

"It's nice to meet you Maya. Do you do any sports or that?" Mom questioned.

"Yes, I do basketball." She replied.

"Basketball? When is the first game, I would love to go see it, I love basketball." Dad said.

"School just started and in two weeks we'll be practicing, I would say somewhere near the end of September."

"Tell me so I can go, I want to see how good of a b-ball player ya are." Dad joked.

"Mr. Matthews you'll find me a great ball player, I have been playing since I was four."

"Wow. Alright but I have to see on the courts." Dad laughed. Maya chuckled. I walked out into the kitchen.

"I'm ready."

"Alright let's roll." Maya said. I grabbed my bag and went to her car.

"You know you didn't have to give me a ride to school."

"I wanted to, I hope I can take you to school everyday. Right?" Maya questioned.

"Of course." We pulled into the school lot. She walked me to my locker and walked me to class.

"See you at lunch." Maya waved. I waved back and took my seat. I couldn't really pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Just a certain someone was on my mind. Maya. I haven't known her long, and I really like her. I have never had a crush before. I never even dated. This feeling is brand new, and it scares me. I have never had anyone by my side to help me through the tough times. No one wanted to be my friend back in LA. The bell rang and it was time for my next class.