10. A Sticky Situation

Start from the beginning

The last thing I heard before the darkness overcame me was Echo. She spoke into a communicator and said, "We have her. I'll get her to Central Park now..." And with that I fell into the dark that surrounded me and blacked out, fully unconscious. I could only hope that Robin in the same place and still in one piece.

I awoke with a major headache as expected from a hit that hard to the head. I was tied up with lots of rope and hand cuffs were on my wrists as well as rope tying my hands together. It was an impossible escape. Even if I could get the rope off of my wrists then I would have to be able to undo all the knots in the rope which all looked and felt extremely tight. Batman had taught us to escape even the most difficult of knots but these were the hardest I had ever encountered, and that was saying something.

After struggling for a while I gave up. Batman wouldn't be pleased with me for giving up after only a few minutes but I was going to need my strength soon and it was better to conserve it. The room I was in looked like a basement of a house. Obviously I was in a base for the villains and they were probably in the floors and rooms above me. I could hear heavy footsteps of a person or maybe persons above me. It made me sad as Robin would've made a joke at those people needing to skip a few meals. I wonder what was happening with Robin and seriously Batman would kill us all if another Robin got killed.

Robin could hold his own against whatever was thrown at him and hopefully we would be reunited soon. I needed to know that he was alright. Riddler would be working with Joker now and that made them even more dangerous. Riddler was clever but lacked brawns and muscle whereas Joker had too much brawn and muscle and not enough brains in his plans. Together they were twice as hard to take down. Batman could barely take Joker or Riddler down by himself but together we were going to need a lot of luck, or even a lot of super-luck.

Supergirl was our only hope and I know that she would be able to pull it off, even if she is new to the superhero business. Her heart was in the right place and although she was still naive to Earth's customs and ways, she could still act on her instinct and that would be enough for now. Well until she rescued me and Robin.

My attention was drawn back to the room I was in when a creaking noise sounded from behind me. Three sets of footsteps sounded from behind me and I couldn't turn around in my bonds to see who they were, although I had a pretty good idea who they could be. The light from the door was cut off and the light disappeared when the door was shut with a loud bang. The light in the room was turned on and the bare light bulb above me flickered giving off an extremely pale light which barely lit up the room.

The three people who had entered the room advanced towards me and plans and ideas formed in my head. I knew that the people who entered were Riddler, Harley and unfortunately Joker. I had to be careful that Joker and Harley didn't beat me up too much. I would need to be in a good condition to fight them later. They walked towards me and they walked so that I could see them all. They were all in their usual costumes and face paint.

"Well, well, well. Look who we caught." Joker laughed after bragging. His high voice sounded like he was on drugs or mentally insane which he was.

"Well we have the bait now so all we have to do is set up the TV broadcast so that Batman will know that we have you. He won't be able to save everyone this time." Riddler smirked at me. He was seriously too proud of his plan. I had already noted a few things that could go wrong with his plan and all the stuff he didn't know, even though he claimed to know everything.

"Well Riddler, I have a few things to tell you and as you already know everything this will be no surprise to you." I started and a small smirk was trying to get onto my face. I knew that this would annoy him and that was exactly what I wanted to happen. When Riddler got angry, then he stopped thinking as clearly. "Okay so one, Batman isn't even in Gotham at the moment so you can't try to capture Batman when he isn't here. Two, you don't know who our backup is this time as you have never met before. Finally, you forgot one major fact in your plan..."