6. Life just likes to prove me wrong

Hey my lovely readers:D This is forGreenArcheress for just being awesome and talking to me XDI want to know if you want any love and romance in this story and if so who? Wonder Woman and Superman/ Supergirl and Robin/ Supergirl and Red Hood/ Nightwing and Batgirl... You chose so comment and I will try to incorporate it into the story xD love you all

~Robin

Batgirl

I looked over to Kara and saw her tearing up as her cousin left with Batman and the team to hunt the criminals. The happy teenager was all just an act to show the world that she can and will survive, but deep down I think she misses her family and watching her cousin walk away on a dangerous mission was the last step. Silent tears were now flowing down her face. I don't know what I would've done if I were in her situation. I think I might've cracked long ago.

I walked up to her and embraced her as her heart ached with loss and worry. She really was a tough cookie but everyone needed to let it all out every now and again.

"Kara I know it is tough but he is good at his work and he hasn't ever failed to win and tobeat the bad guy yet." I said to her whilst trying to convince myself at the same time. The odds really were stacked against them this time. Ye,s the heroes had teamed up but the villains had quantity as well as their team. All the criminals had goons which we would have to beat as well.All we could do is hope.

"I know... Ummm... Batgirl," Kara smiled hesitantly at me.

"Please just call me Barbara. Might as well seen as you already know Robin is Tim." I grinned assuredly at her. I felt comfortable around her like I had known her for a long time.

Robin then interrupted us with the bad timing that he has always possessed. "Oy! Barbs you need to see this.." He trailed off leaving me hanging for an explanation as to what was do important as to interrupt us.

No explanation came and so I looked at Kara, rolled my eyes which made her grin and we raced up to the second floor where the main computer was located. This was where Bruce would monitor Gotham. It looked so advanced but I now knew how to hack into it completely form my laptop at home.

But don't tell Batman that. You really would've thought that the superhero would have a better protection on his system.

We looked at the scene for a second and I instantly recognised multiple faces in the crowd that was on the scene, one of them being my dad and several of his police force. The other faces I recognised where those ofthecriminals such as the Joker and Harley Quinn that we had locked up in Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane.

The footage that Tim was showing us was of just outside of Arkham.

Great, I thought, just what we need at the moment. Another breakout and the Joker is out too. Could this get any worse.

Life just hadto prove me wrong and I saw another familiar face appear on the scene. Her red hair and pale green tinged skin making her stick out a mile. Poison Ivy is out.

"Please Tim say that this is a joke." I said worried. If Joker was out then we would need all the help we could get to capture him again and Ivy, well I wasn't sure I was up to catching my former best friend again.

"Afraid not, Barbara. This is ten minutes ago. Joker, Harley and Ivy seem to have escaped but they are not the only ones. Killer Croc, Riddler and Scarecrow all snook out in the confusion and are loose as well." His face was grim and forelorn as he said his news. I am sure that my face had the same look on it as well. This was not good news what so ever.

"Can you tell me what the matter is, you never knowI might be able to help.I know I am no Batman or Superman but I am no weakling either. A Kryptonian on your side might even the odds a little bit," Kara said with a fierce expression on her face.

Tim looked at me and a glimmer of hope spread on his features. With Kara on our side we stand a lot better chance of winning against these criminals and with any look we could capture them and send them back to Arkham without Bats even knowing.

"Kara, these are some of the criminals we fight aginst. Some of the worse have escaped from Arkham today and they are all killers. We need to get them back into their cells as soon as possible, or the consequences could be unthinkable."

I typed the names into the search on the computer and their profiles came up. Kara looked at me and smiled a confident smile. I am so glad we have her at the moment.

"Okay then. Lets get going. We have criminals to catch." Tim grins and goes to turn away.

"Ermm, Tim. We have a situation here," I smirk at his turned back. Honestly he can be really dim when he wants to. "You have forgotten that someone needs to stay behind to monitor the other team."

Tim's face drops when I said that. I knew what he was thinking and I was thinking the same.

"So who is it goinng to be? Me or you to stay behind," Tim mumbled.

"I have a better idea." I stated confidently.

I wasn't sure if this would work but we would need as many people to help us as we could get.

And there was a chance that maybe. Just maybe my plan would work.