10. A Sticky Situation

Hey Eveyone! This chapter is a bit rushed... Sorry but I wanted to give you something before I go on holiday for two weeks :) This was extremely hard to write especially as Batgirl is kinda in a sticky situation so ENJOY!!

Oh and I am aiming to get 100 votes by the 20th of August as that is my 1-year anniversary of being on Wattpad :) So please vote, fan and comment on what ever you think about this story!!

Batgirl's POV

I had not expected anyone to sneak up behind me as I was talking to Supergirl. I was facing the camera and talking to her over the communicator. She seemed to be extremely worried about something and it was starting to concern me, a lot at that.

"Do you have anything to report Supergirl?" I asked the girl whilst still looking at the camera. I was currently in the back alley by a jewellery store that had been stolen from and burnt down just last week. Batman had arrived in time to stop the thieves but not the fire. Fortunately the owner had received some money from Bruce Wayne for the damages.

"No, nothing as of yet but I am still looking; anything to report on your end?" She replied back almost instantly but her voice trailed off at the end almost as if she wasn't sure of herself.

"Nothing is out here..." I start but I heard a rustling noise behind me and it drew my attention off of Supergirl who I was talking to and I turned around, scanning the alley and surrounding area. I was on edge and I could feel worry sinking in. I started to breathe deeply to calm myself down. Panic would not help here.

"Batgirl, I have a question..." Supergirl said drawing my attention back to her. "...hasn't Robin been extremely quiet on the communicator channel?" She finished and I could imagine her biting her lip and a look of worry on her face.

It was true though. Robin had been extremely quiet and that was not like him at all. It was rare that we could get him to shut up or not to make jokes, so this was worrying to say the least.

"Oh no..." The words slipped out of my mouth as I imagined what could be happening to him and who may have captured him. I looked at the cameras once again.

Then Supergirl said something that set the panic off once again.

"Batgirl, which criminal wears green?" She said hesitantly. I knew something was going on.

"Riddler and his henchmen, Echo and Query do, but why do you want to know?" I was afraid of the answer but I waited for her reply.

"Robin was last seen near Central Park and I also just saw a green flash like someone running from cover to cover. I think Riddler has Robin." If Riddler had Robin then he had something extremely bad planned. I was about to say something to Supergirl about getting to Gotham as soon as possible.

Unfortunately she beat me to the bad news.

"Batgirl they are heading for you!" Supergirl warned me, "You have to get out of there!" Her voice was near hysterical and she was panicking. To be honest so was I.

However, her warning was too late. I was on edge from her comment and should've been prepared for what could be around me. I knew that Riddler, Echo or Query are coming after me but I had no escape properly planned. The worst thing that I could've done was to let my guard down when Supergirl gave me the warning. It was enough time that someone could sneak up behind me.

As I turned around I saw Echo standing behind me with her fist raised. My eyes widened as her fist came closer and closer to me. I knew I was captured then and that Riddler was trying to draw out Batman. But this time the King of Puzzles and Riddles was out-smarted and he didn't know that Batman wasn't in town. Echo's fist hit me on my head with no time for me to defend myself. I fell down and unconscious.