The captain recognized Patrick and Emily, also former FBI agents. Chris and Dean were the only ones who looked unharmed. They took in the cene as something of an unbelievable state of shock, responding to te Swatt team like lost children.

"We need a paramedic in here!"

Catching his attention, the Captain turned to the other side of the room, where Coral held a wounded-and dying- Ben in her arms. When one o the Swatt tried to remove her, she howled fiercely like a crazed, rabid animal, clawing at the agent.vBlake yelled repeatedly at them to stay away and again demanded a paramedic.

"Ben no please" Coral looked a mess.bAll the crying made we face look pale and the extreme redness around her eyes almost passed her off as high under different circumstances. She cradled him like a mother would her child, threatening anyone who tried to pry them apart.

The captain cautiously made his way over to the trio, "My name is General Justin Hicks, head captain of FBI. We have come to your aid. You don't need to fear us you are perfectly safe now. We have called a paramedic. Can you tell me who else was injured and what exactly happened?"

Coral did not seem to hear the captain. She focused her attention to a near breathless Ben, whose heart had been struck by a bullet-or near enough to fatally wound him.

"Emily and James" Blake informed, pointing at the said people. The captain thanked him and returned his attention to the injured. Emily now had cloth tied aroun her leg and was being tended to as best as the officers could.

Walking over to James, who now sat upright, wincing in pain as he shook hands with the captain, "I recieved your letter agent. I'm only sorry we didn't arrive sooner"

"You came. That's important"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ben, stay with us man" Blake tried to control the fear in his voice, butfailed as his best friend struggled for breath. All  anger was now gone, all jealousy gone. He wanted nothing now except for Ben to be okay.

"Why Ben? Why'd you do it?"

Ben chuckled, wincing at the imense pain, "I hated you for being so happy" he breathed sharply "And even more because I wanted what I couldn't have. I didn't even care that I took her from you even if she didn't love me back the same way. I forgot everything you did for me, I wanted to return the favor."

"But not like this!" Blake protested

Ben squeezed Coral's hand, weakly but it was enough to get her attention.

"I love you"

Teary-eyed, Coral returned the compliment, "I love you too". Of course she did, but she knew there was no way it was the same. There was no fooling Ben. It was written clear across his face.

"Promise me something. Both of you"

"Ben No. You're going to be fine just save your energy-"

"Coral please don't fight me on this" he pleaded, a harsh tome coating his voice, "I don't have much time"

Blake nodded painfully, "I'm here man"

"I need you to tell my mom that I love her" he began, "Coral you should meet her she's amazing"

"Promise me Coral that you'll oly do what makes you happy"

Now teary eyed, Coral nodded "I promise"

Turning to Blake, he became more serious, "Take good care of her. don't ever let her go and don't break her heart again"

He didn't have to ask who that girl was, even as Ben threatened