Finally, I spoke up once again, my voice melding with Thomas'.

"What happened?"

Alby grabbed Thomas by the shirt as he spoke to him and ignored me, causing me to raise an eyebrow.

"What happened? I'll tell ya what happened, shank! Too busy makin' lovey eyes to bother lookin' around?! To bother noticing what freaking time it is! The walls, you shuck. The Doors. They didn't close tonight."

Panic rose in my chest at the news. My eyes darted toward one of the Doors only to find that it was indeed still open. We're all gonna die. The Grievers are gonna come kill us all. Where's Gally?! I turned my attention back to Alby as he pointed at Teresa.

"I want her locked up. Now. Clara! Leo! Put her in the Slammer and ignore every word that comes out of her shuck mouth."

Teresa didn't seem surprised, but Thomas looked like he was about to explode.

"What're you talking about? Alby, you can't-"

He immediately paused when Alby and I both shot him a look filled with pure rage. Eventually, he spoke up again.

"But...how could you possibly blame her for the walls not closing?"

I rolled my eyes as Newt said exactly what was on my mind.

"How could we not, Tommy? She bloody admitted it herself."

I glanced at Teresa, noticing a look of pure sadness in her bright blue eyes that made my heart clench with guilt. I quickly shook off the feeling as Alby spoke before glaring and walking off.

"Just be glad you ain't goin' with her, Thomas."

A boy with black hair and freckles covering his face walked up and grabbed Teresa by the arm, looking at me expectantly

A boy with black hair and freckles covering his face walked up and grabbed Teresa by the arm, looking at me expectantly. I studied him for a moment, quickly realizing that he was only a year or two older than Chuck. Something at the back of my mind was trying to claw it's way out, but I pushed it to the side and grabbed Teresa's other arm. Newt spoke to us as we started to drag her away.

"Stay with her. I don't care what happens, no one's gonna touch this girl. Swear your lives on it."

I nodded and began to drag Teresa away once more. It only took a few minutes for us to reach the Slammer. Leo quickly opened the door, motioning for Teresa to step inside. She did without even trying to talk us into letting her go and I bit my lip as the door was shut behind her and locked with an audible 'click'. I gave Leo a small smile before he turned and walked off. I positioned myself in front of the small barred window and looked down into the cell.

"Teresa?"

She appeared in my line of vision and stared at me, waiting to see what I would say. I took in a big gulp of air before I began to speak.

"Listen, I know we got off on the wrong foot..but, I just wanted you to know that no matter what you feel about me, you can trust me with your secret. I'm not gonna run off and tell the whole Glade."