9. Everything's Going To Change

Disclaimer: As everyone already knows, I do NOT own The Maze Runner series, any of the characters, OR the ideas! They all belong to James Dashner. The only thing I own are my characters.

A/N: This chapter takes place a few days after Clara falls asleep with Newt under 'her' tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to a sharp pain shooting through my stomach. It felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing me and twisting the knife as slowly as possible just to make it hurt more, all while punching me in the same spot at the same time. I groaned and clutched at my stomach as I ripped the cover off of my body and tried my best to stand up. I gripped the sheets as my body doubled over and my eyes immediately locked onto red. A metallic scent invaded my nostrils and my stomach turned violently as I stared at the big blood stain on my white sheets. My eyes widened in horror as I searched my body, looking for some sort of cut. When my eyes met with my blood stained pants, I gasped. What the klunk?!

For some reason, this felt familiar. But, I just couldn't quite put my finger on what was happening to me. The 'knife' twisted inside my lower stomach once more and my face scrunched up in a grimace as I whimpered. I slowly made my way to a corner of my room, just barely catching a glimpse of a bright red light sweeping my room through the window. Stupid shuck faced Beetle Blades..Like I need the Creators seeing me like this!

I huffed irritably as I slid into a sitting position and pulled my knees to my chest, clutching at my stomach as the pain grew. I sat there for what seemed like hours, only faintly hearing the Box being opened. Must be supplies..It isn't time for a new Greenie yet. I slowly lowered my body onto the ground, settling for the fetal position as I hugged my knees to my chest. Ugh, I feel like klunk. This isn't fair!

I closed my eyes and just laid there on the floor, not wanting anyone to see me like this. But, of course, someone decided to walk in at that moment. Ughhhhh, I have terrible luck! I heard the person drop something onto the floor and run toward me. I opened my eyes as they knelt beside me and placed a strong hand on my shoulder. My eyes met with Gally's worried orbs. Wait, worried?

"Clara?! What the shuck happened to you? There's blood everywhere! Did someone..uh, hurt you?"

I blinked a few times before finally understanding what he meant. My face turned bright red as I glared at him.

"W-What?! No, ew, Gally! Ugh, I just woke up and I was bleeding and it hurts! So, if you don't mind could you keep your klunky comments to yourself?!"

Gally's eyebrows scrunched together as his jaw clenched tightly.

"What the klunk, Shank?! I'm just trying to help! You're going to bleed to death if you just lay here! I'm gonna go get Clint and Jeff."

"No! Just leave me the shuck alone, Gally! I just want everyone to leave me alone!"

I saw hurt in Gally's features before anger replaced it. I felt really bad for yelling at him like that, but he was making me mad and I didn't even know why. He stood up and dropped a bag and a note in front of me before storming to the door and yanking it open. Before storming out of my room, he spoke, his voice laced with venom. I flinched at his tone.

"Whatever, Clara. That came for you in the shuck box a few minutes ago. It was the only thing in it. Get someone to come get me when you lose your shuck attitude and decide you want to go back to being the normal Clara."