3. Shuck Faced Slinthead

Disclaimer: I do not own The Maze Runner or any of the characters or ideas. I only own Clara and Noah.

A/N: Normally I put these at the end, but I had to put a special one this time. I want to dedicate this chapter to littlelou01 for giving me amazing feedback and for just being a wonderful person and taking the time to read my story, ashleymccleney for being the first to comment on my story, and tbhnewt for giving me wonderful feedback as well and taking the time to read my story. I love you all, thank you so much! Sorry this chapter isn't the best or the longest. I'll make it up next time, promise! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up earlier than all the other Gladers and searched my room, finding an extra pair of clothes that had been sent up in the Box with me along with a few other things before making my way outside. Minho was right, I needed a shower. Once I reached the showers, I turned and checked my surroundings, just to make sure there was no one awake besides me. Newt's words from the other day were still fresh in my mind and I was still a little nervous around some of the boys. After making sure the coast was clear, I darted inside, barricading myself in and turning on a shower before happily stripping out of my dirty clothes. I examined my body, noticing old bruises on my knees and my wrist, along with scabs and dried blood caked on my knees. I smiled, shaking my head and stepping into the cold water. I stifled a little squeal as goose bumps erupted all over my skin. Why can't we have warm water to shower with? It's not fair.

I felt bad immediately after that thought crossed my mind. Smacking myself on the forehead, I leaned against the wall and sighed. Nothing about this place is fair..from the Creators trapping us in here to this unsolvable maze surrounding us..not to mention the 'grievers' or whatever they call them. I feel like a spoiled brat complaining about the showers being cold. We have so much more to worry about than that. Why do I have to be so stupid? Another sigh escaped my lips as I thought back to Alby giving me the tour and explaining everything to me, including those shuck Creators. I clenched my fists tightly, trembling from both the cold water flowing onto me as well as pure rage and hatred for the people that put us in this stupid maze. I whispered to myself, a part of me deeply wishing that the Creators could hear me.

"Ya better hope I never find y'all..It won't be pretty if I do."

I sighed, realizing how crazy I must look making empty threats to thin air. Shaking my head, I quickly washed my long locks and my body before stepping out and drying off as best as I could. I pulled on my clean clothes and my boots before rolling up my sleeves and sticking my dirty clothes underneath the running shower. I washed them with my shampoo, rinsing them out and wringing out all the excess water. I turned the shower off, smiling to myself as I gathered my things. At least I accomplished something this morning. Now, where should I hang my clothes to dry? I made my way to the door, just now noticing the banging coming from the other side followed by shouts.

"If you don't open this shuck door right now, I'll bust it down and drag you the shuck out! If I don't get a shower before I go into that shuck maze, Clara, I swear I'll beat the klunk out of you and feed you to the shuck grievers! GET OUT!"

I burst into a fit of laughter, opening the door and stepping out. Minho quickly tried to reach for me, but I dodged his outstretched hand and took off running just in time. He chased after me for a while until that horrible grinding noise echoed throughout the Glade, signalling  that the walls were opening for the day. I skidded to a stop, turning to grin at Minho.

"Looks like you were too busy chasing me to shower. Time for you to go run the maze! Bye!!"

I knew if I would have stayed still any longer, he probably would've really beat the klunk out of me for making him miss his chance to shower, so I darted off toward the Homestead as fast as my legs would carry me. As I reached the door, I saw Alby standing there, apparently waiting on me. He gave a small wave when he spotted me before crossing his arms. I grinned, waving back.