8. Clara, Leader Of The Glade

Disclaimer: The Maze Runner series, all characters besides my own, and all ideas belong to James Dashner.

A/N: I suggest listening to the song above when you get to Chuck's welcoming. Just saying. And no, that doesn't mean that she sounds just like that, she only sings the lyrics. You can imagine her voice however you want! She can be a good singer or a bad singer, it's all up to you! I just had to throw that out there, lol :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early morning in the Glade and most of the Gladers weren't even awake yet. I yawned loudly as I stretched my aching limbs. A dull pain made it's way through my back and I huffed irritably. I still wasn't fully healed and Alby had ordered me to 'take it easy' until I could recover. So, now I was stuck supervising the other Sloppers as they cleaned the Glade. I didn't mind that much, but it was still kind of annoying.

I made my way to Frypan's kitchen, mumbling a half hearted 'good morning' as he handed me an apple and some toast. He chuckled and sent me on my way so he could feed everyone else. I basically dragged myself to where everyone else was sitting before plopping down in between Chuck and Newt. They greeted me and I grunted in reply as I bit into my apple. I looked across the table at Alby as an idea popped into my head, making me instantly perk up.

"Hey, Alby?"

"What do you want, Shank?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I have a question."

"Well? Spit it out."

"Can I take control of the Glade for the day? Please?"

Everyone stopped eating and stared at me as if I had sprouted a second head, including Chuck and Gally. Alby's face scrunched up as he studied me. He seemed to be waiting for me to tell him that I was joking. When I didn't, he began to shake his head.

"No, Clara. Ain't happening."

I smirked as I noticed that he was picking up on my way of talking. Then, I became serious again-or atleast as serious as I could be while I was pouting like a five year old.

"Oh, come onnnnnnn, Alby! Please? I have a good reason!"

"And what is that, Clara?"

I clapped Chuck on the shoulder as I spoke.

"Well..You know how we never got to give Chucky here a proper welcome because..well, you know..?"

Alby huffed and crossed his arms, waiting for me to continue.

"Well, I was thinkin' that we could do it tonight! But, I wanted it to be a little different from my welcome and since ya'll won't let me do anything besides boss the Sloppers around, I figured I could take it up a notch and boss everyone else around to get it done."

Alby's jaw dropped slightly and he began to tell me no once more before I rudely interupted him.

"Besidessssss, Alby! You could take a little break for today. I mean, you're such a good leader and you've been doing so much for everyone else! You deserve to take a break! It's not like we are gonna fall apart or anything if you take one little day to relax and let me take over for you."

"Even if I do take a break, Newt should be the one to take over for me..He is my second-in-command after all."

"Then make me you're third-in-command for today and Newt can take a break too!"